Unable to send emails

About 3 days ago, out of the blue, I can no longer send messages in Outlook 2016 (Office 365 app), get the following message:

Task '*** Email address is removed for privacy *** - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC6F) : 'Your outgoing (SMTP) email server has reported an internal error. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).  The server responded: 554 impout009.msg.chrl.nc.charter.net cmsmtp 47.135.12.89 blocked. Please see https://www.spectrum.net/support/internet/understanding-email-error-codes for more information. AUP#Out-1130'

Spectrum webmail works fine. I just spent over 2 hours with an online MS support rep and was still unable to resolve the problem. Any help or guidance anyone can supply would be most appreciated!

“***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***”

Outlook 2016 is not part of Office 365

In any Office component >File > More > Account > About shows Version, Build and channel.

Control Panel (view by large icons) > Mail Applet (outlook) > in the resulting window > Email Accounts > Email Tab, if that mail account is shown select > Change > Test Account settings.

Start off with an Office repair

Restart the PC, once fully loaded, repair Office,> Apps & Features>Select Office your version>Modify /Repair, once the repair completes re-test

Contributor since 2006
Currently win11 Pro & O365 Bus, multiple devices

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for the reply!

I did the Online Repair (from Control Panel) yesterday and still could not send. This morning Send is now working again as mysteriously as it disappeared in the first place. When I opened Outlook this morning the messages that were "stuck" in my Outbox had been sent overnight. I don't know the 'hows' or 'whys' but it looks like I am back in business. Fingers crossed that it stays that way.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 28, 2024 Views 386 Applies to: