Unable to log on to any microsoft site on Safari (v.14.1)

Suddenly unable to login to Outlook Mail, Office etc. What happens is i put in the username and then reply 'Don't Allow' to the pop-up request to allow microsoftonline.com to track my activity.   It then won't let me go any further with the login. I've cleared the cache and history on Safari - what else can I do?

I can however successfully login via Firefox , without getting the popup.

Jennian

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi Jennian,

Thank you for posting here at the Microsoft Community Forum.

We understand that you have concerns logging into any Microsoft website on Safar version 14.1. We know how important it is to get this addressed. Let’s find a solution and we’ll do the best that we can.

Given the description in your post, the issue may be related to the browser being used, as you’re able to log in accordingly using another browser and did not encounter the pop-up message. We’ll still isolate this and get to know about the situation. Please answer the following questions:

1. Since it was mentioned it suddenly happen that you’re unable to log in using Safari, may we confirm if there may be changes/updates that may have triggered this issue?

2. Are you using a personal or work/business Microsoft account?

3. Can you share some screenshots of the exact pop-up window or message that you’re getting in Safari when you tried logging onto a Microsoft website?

4. Noted that you’ve already tried to clear its cache and history, may we know if you’ve also tried Private Browsing and see if you’ll encounter the same issue?

5. How about trying the other steps that you haven’t done yet in this Safari User Guide from the Apple website: If you can’t open a website in Safari on Mac and check if there are any improvements?

Please be informed that the questions and the suggested steps above can help us narrow down the cause of this concern. We’ll provide further recommendations in our next reply. We’d love to hear from you soon.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Louie

1. I don't think it can be related to Safari updates. I use the same version of Safari on a desktop, and have no issues with Outlook.

2. My account is personal

3. This is a screenshot of the popup

In case it doesn't come out it says "Do you want to allow microsoftonline.com to use cookies and website data while browsing microsoft.com? This will allow microsoftonline.com to track your activity". If I check 'Don't Allow' I can't login. If I check 'Allow', I can.

4. I get the same issue with Private Browsing.

5. I have tried the steps suggested by Apple.

Just to repeat: I'm running Mac OS Big Sur 11.3.1 and Safari 14.1 on both my desktop and my laptop. It is only on the laptop that the issue occurs. 

Thanks for your help

Jennian

25 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for standing by on this concern and for the information provided, Jennian.

We acknowledge that you have the Mac OS version and Safari version on both of your desktop and your laptop. This means the issue may be related to the device settings or settings in Safari. We’d be needing to isolate this further since the issue only occurs in the Safari browser that’s installed on your laptop.  Here are additional support links from the Apple website that you can use and perform if you haven’t done this yet:

If Safari doesn't open a webpage or isn’t working as expected

Block pop-ups in Safari on Mac

If features on a webpage don’t work in Safari on Mac

Please respond to this thread to let us know how the issue progresses. Similarly, if you have more questions, please inform us by replying to this post.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Louie,

I have similar issue on the safari browser. However, I can login using chrome.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

So if you don't allow the following - Do you want to allow “microsoftonline.com” to use cookies and website data while browsing “microsoft.com”? you won't be allowed to use Outlook on Safari?

Seems that means that Microsoft is trying to track users. The pop up asks a question and gives two answers, but only works if you give the correct answer?

What is Microsoft trying to do?

Hope this is just a glitch,

JW

53 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I was hit with the same problem today. See screenshot below.

As with the OP, selecting DON'T ALLOW and you can go no further. However, click ALLOW and you're in. If this is correct, then it's effective blackmail by Microsoft. No tracking, no entry. No choice.

However, if it's a glitch (and I hope it is) then it needs addressed. Microsoft moderator, can you take this up, please?

47 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Microsoft people.

I have the same issue. Suddenly, with in a week or so ago, I cannot log into my hotmail account from my iphone using Safari or using Chrome. I get the same pop-up which only allows me to log in if I let Microsoft have access to all my data.  Actually, I have not selected "allow"  so i'm not actually sure I would be able to log on if I did. Either way, I'm not allowing it.  Microsoft, please tell me how I can use Hotmail on my iphone without allowing you to track me. If there is no way, Ill probably need to switch email accounts.

37 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am having the exact same problem.  If I chose not to allow tracking, I am unable to log into Hotmail.  This has been occurring for weeks.  

32 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I find it quite odd and extremely disturbing that there has been no reason nor resolve as to why we are being FORCED to "ALLOW" Microsoft to track us and if we decline, we are blocked from entering our accounts.

I have sent over 50-e-mails to Hotmail (of which they are ignoring me) that I am experiencing what the Hotmail Users are sharing within this post; over 50.

Giving a list of "Tasks" to perform in hopes that one of them will work (of course they will not) as a means to absolve yourselves of this matter is sad.

We should not be Shanghaied into you tracking us.

How utterly tacky.

26 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

We use MSAL to authenticate our users in our mobile app and we cannnot publish it to App Store because Apple is rejecting it due to this issue.

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated December 22, 2023 Views 8,284 Applies to: