"Remember me" does not appear as a Hotmail logon option

The old Hotmail logon page "Remember Me" option is no longer displayed since sometime around March 2016, forcing me to enter my full (and rather lengthy) email address each time.  It used to recognize e-mail ID abbreviations, and let me click on any one of perhaps many available e-mails IDs to logon.

This occurs on IE, Edge, and Chrome browsers on Windows 7 and 10 from my desktop, and multiple different laptops.  It appear to be related only to Hotmail, not the browser in use.

The "Keep me signed in" box does appear on the new Hotmail logon page, but I don't always want to remain signed in, just have my lengthy e-mail ID remembered and offered as a choice when the abbreviation first mathched what is being typed.

Wa there any announcment of this logon page change which I might have missed?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please be informed that there is a new login page which has been implemented across all the devices, in the new login page you will have to enter your complete email account credentials to access your account as the autocomplete feature (Keep me signed in option) isn’t working in the new login page.

I suggest you to provide your valuable feedbacks via Uservoice to send your thoughts directly to the developers.

Reference: Refer to the following response created by ZigZag3143 (Windows IT Pro MS -MVP) on Autofill disabled on new Microsoft login page.

Hope the above information helps.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 10, 2023 Views 580 Applies to: