Not able to enter my hotmail because of "suspicious activity", nor view information about said "suspicious activity"

Posted in Outlook because as I understand it hotmail.com has been merged with outlook.com

Okay, ever since I logged in to office on my android tablet, I've been getting these mails form microsoft every now and then, and it pretty much annoys me every time.

Emails look like this:

With no reason for the origin of the mails (though I am assuming it is me logging into my tablet in another country than where I created my account, because I've been living abroad for the past months), and no way to login to my services to view suspicious activity. Nor am I able to login to the helpdesc with the account (this post is from another account).

Every time I try to login to any online services I get this website (helpdesc, hotmail, "view your activity", you name it):

Now, what would really be interesting, was if anyone knew a way to be able to view that "suspicious data", and tell microsoft that this data is from my tablet and is basically nothing to be afraid of (who knows what I got on that tablet tho), and then keep using my services as usual.

You might wonder, "what's the problem with changing your password", and my main problem is that they store each password so each time I have to change it I cannot use any of my old passwords, and as most people, I don't have separate passwords for everything, and I'm logged into the same service on many platforms and places which would be a pain in the **** keeping track of the newest password and keep it up to date all the time (especially when many of said units are in two different countries, and I'm mostly in one country at a time)

Another reason that I made this post instead of changing my password to god knows what, is that other solutions I have found are able to view their email and "suspicious activity" and I thought this post might be worth a shot to tell microsoft staff that the service (at least for me) is not working as it is said to do.

If anyone has any solutions or reasons, whatsoever, I would really enjoy reading them :-)

Answer
Answer

... I've been living abroad for the past months

... and I'm mostly in one country at a time

When travelling...

(A.)

Depending on the distance from your computer / normal location the following may be applicable

We have recently implemented a security update called Familiar location protection to keep our customers’ accounts secure.

The message "You haven't signed in from this location recently." will occur if you are signing in from a location more than 300 miles from your normal location.

The Microsoft account service will prompt you for an additional challenge to complete the log in.

A code can be sent to your SMS number or alternate email if configured.

To prevent this you will need to configure your computer as your trusted PC and other security information for added protection to your account.

With the new system update, you can remove old inaccessible security information on your account automatically after 30 days.

To do that:

1.       Log in to this link.  

2.       Click Delete on the security information you do not have access to. (Alternate email, Trusted PC, Mobile number)

3.       Select  "No, I Don't have access" button. (The date on when the security information will be removed will appear )

4.       Click Delete Security Info.

5.       Update the account with new Security Info.

6.       Click Save.

You just need to wait for 30 days for all the information to be removed and the new security information to be automatically confirmed.

{ Text courtesy of Ann_N }

(B)

Please note that all account related issues are now dealt with  here
Select the error you need help with and fill out the requested details on the next page. 
You can read further information about codes & blocked accounts here

You need to be signed in with a Microsoft account to access the form.
If you are unable to access your primary account, you can use an alternate account (if you have one) or create a new one.

(C)

Trusted devices

How do I replace all my security info?

For more information about your security details, refer this link.

Recent activity  

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 10, 2023 Views 1,545 Applies to: