Microsoft account sign in attempt

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone can help me on this current query. I received a text from microsoft to say that there had been some unusual activity on my account. 

I logged in and was shown the following prompts and can see someone tried to log in from another country. Can I just check, does this mean that they've been able to log in as me but microsoft have blocked access to all of my personal information, Inbox, contacts etc?

I'm just a bit concerned as some of the emails I have are from ebay with delivery notes which contain my address. I'm just after some peace of mind as I'm stressing out a bit. 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you in advance.

I should also advise that I was able to change my password so it looks like I wasn't locked out of my account. the email above also seems to coincide around the time the access attempt was made. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Headphones2020,

My name is Ralph. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

You may wanna check the below link on how to keep your account secure and safe.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12410/...

Also, kindly avoid clicking unwanted or unverified links in the emails you are getting to avoid this kind of issues.

Regards,
Ralph

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Paeralph.

It was an old email address so I' assuming they have gotten access via a very old password. 

Does it mean if they've identified the corn at login that they will have blocked the party from accessing any information from the outset?? So they won't have been able to see my emails?

Thank you for taking the time to respond to me. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Headphones2020,

No, they aren't able to see your emails since Microsoft blocked the access attempt. I'd suggest to update your security information for your account as well as turning on the 2 factor verification or use Microsoft authentication app.

Regards,
Ralph

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated October 10, 2023 Views 706 Applies to: