live.com account has been closed

I tried to log into a live.com gaming account this weekend and the login says that the account does not exist.

When I try to recreate the account, I get the message that live.com is restricted and that I cannot create accounts using that address.

I have several others that were created at the same time that are still active - Im not sure if inactivity was the issue (probably was though)

I'd really like to recover this account.  Any options?

Answer
Answer
Hello Sildroni

#1 - If the email account has been deleted for whatever reason, it cannot be recovered. Once an account is deleted, that action is permanent, Microsoft does not recycle email addresses

#2 - Any existing Live.com accounts will continue to be accessible as long as the account remains active. After 2 years of no activity, the account is automatically deleted

#3 - It is no longer possible to create email accounts using Live or MSN domains. The only new accounts that can be created are either Outlook.com or Hotmail.com

Please note, this is a public end user-to-user support forum. We're users just like you helping other users. We don't work for Microsoft and have no access to any user account so there is nothing we can do from within the forum. We have no input on Microsoft's policies and procedures.
Karl

7 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 16, 2024 Views 1,354 Applies to: