I need some help

Hi. I have this microsoft account currently linked to *** Email address is removed for privacy *** under my name, Kvell Ong. I would like to add in another email address and change my primary alias from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** to *** Email address is removed for privacy *** as that is my main email address that I personally use. How do I go about doing that? I tried multiple times to verify *** Email address is removed for privacy *** as an email address but they have repeatedly said that “we couldn’t complete the action because that alias doesn’t exist anymore.”. However, when I try to create a new account with *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, it tells me that “that microsoft account doesn’t exist. Enter a different account or get a new one.”. If I try clicking on “get a new one”, it also fails on me by telling me that “*** Email address is removed for privacy *** is already a Microsoft account. Please try a different email address.”

I would also like to add in my contact number but it says that the number has been taken for another account and I need to sign in to that account. I tried signing in but they prompted me to add an email address first before I can proceed. However they don’t allow me to add either *** Email address is removed for privacy *** or *** Email address is removed for privacy *** when these are my own email addresses. How can I resolve this? 

Hi,

Thank you for posting this to the Community Forum. Let us try to sort your concern about you not being allowed to change your primary alias from one email address to another email address.

Base on the screenshots that you have provided, it seems that the email is already a Microsoft account that is it is not allowing you to add it as your primary email address. This article about adding and removing an email alias will explain how this process works. It has a detailed explanation about if an email is already a Microsoft accounts you can't add it as an alias or substitute it as a primary email address. 

With the concern about your phone number, the reason you're not permitted is because you have to set an email account first before it will allow to set a phone number.

Let us know if you have other concerns.

Bob

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Bob,

Thanks for your reply. 

I understand that if one email has been used as a Microsoft account already, I am not able to add it to my other account. However, when I use my primary email address to try and sign in, I’m not even allowed or given access to it to change it. I can’t log in and see how I can change it even. 

My phone number issue says that my phone number is tagged to another account. I have uploaded a picture below to show what the system said.  

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks.

Kvell

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 9, 2024 Views 997 Applies to: