i need help to reset my password,

I've a problem, i can't access my old email account anymore, i already did try reset password sadly microsoft did deny it, i'm wondering if there is anything else that i can do to prove that i'm rightfull owner of the account, because all my billings whatever else goes to that account, at this point i'm kinda clue less

|

Hello! jimmy zwartjens

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community

I understand that you're having trouble accessing your email account and resetting your password. If Microsoft has denied your request to reset your password, it's possible that they were not able to verify your identity.

I would like to inform you at the beginning that Microsoft account recovery is managed by a completely automated server, and we do not have manual access to it. Microsoft takes the security and privacy of our customers very seriously. We are committed to protecting your personal information, and the meticulous account recovery process is intended to protect you from any possible malicious activity. For now, please allow me to do the best I can to help you with the process

Allow me to ask:

1. What error message are you getting?

2. When was the last time you were able to logged into the account?

3. Do you have any security methods added in the account? Such as phone number or email address?

4. Have you tried resetting the password with/without the use of security methods? or filling out the Account Recovery Form?

However, there are a few things you can try to prove that you are the rightful owner of the account:

Reset password:

1. Go to the Microsoft account recovery page: https://account.live.com/resetpassword.aspx 

2. Enter your email address and click on "Next".

3. Select the option "I don't have any of these" if you are asked to verify your identity using your phone number. (if you still have access to the phone number/email address for verifying your ownership please use it.)

4. Follow the prompts to verify your identity using other methods such as your alternate email address or security questions.

5. Once you have verified your identity, you will be able to reset your password and regain access to your account.

Account Recovery Form:

You can use this link to recover the mentioned account: Help with the Microsoft Account Recovery Form - Microsoft Support

please provide a lot of information you can, as this will be validated by the automated server to match the information the account that you are trying to recover. Please do not leave any box unfilled, provide at least a minimum of truthful information.

Here are some helpful links on how to keep your account safe and secure: (ENG)

1. Account has been locked - Microsoft Support - Please check this link for account that has been locked out.

2. How to recover a hacked or compromised Microsoft account - Microsoft Support

3. How to help keep your Microsoft account safe and secure - Microsoft Support

4. Sign in using two-step verification or security info - Microsoft Support

5. Microsoft account security info & verification codes - Microsoft Support

I hope this helps, and please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Please understand that our initial reply may not always immediately resolve the issue. However, with your help and more detailed information, we can work together to find a solution.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you,

Vince

Microsoft Community Forum Moderator

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Error message that i get my account locked out i have to reset password. I dont provide enough details.

My account connteced to phone, sadly i dont have access to it,

Last time i used the account pretty much months ago can't really remember, but i have to say when i open up my old phone i can still see 500 messages that's it pretty much asking me login into my account view rest of messages so yh

1 more thing i know that my email account is connected to other email account, the meaning is email i use now if it will get hacked than password reset will go to my email account i dont have access to, maybe i can do something with that?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello! jimmy zwartjens

Thank you for the reply!

Just to let you know that we can only guide you on how to regain access back into your account using the forms and other means of recovering the account. As we cannot manually change any information in the account since this is handled by an automated server in which we do not have any manual access to this.

Yes I would suggest to do something first with your alternative email if this is connected to your email account as this is where the reset password will be sent to after filling out the Account recovery Form or you can use another alternative email address for receiving the password link.

If you are going to use another email address for receiving the password, you can use again the Account Recovery Form again to fill out the information needed:

Account Recovery Form:

You can use this link to recover the mentioned account: Help with the Microsoft Account Recovery Form - Microsoft Support

please provide a lot of information you can, as this will be validated by the automated server to match the information the account that you are trying to recover. Please do not leave any box unfilled, provide at least a minimum of truthful information.

If you haven't tried the reset password with/without the use of the email address or phone number. You can use the steps provided:

Reset password:

1. Go to the Microsoft account recovery page: https://account.live.com/resetpassword.aspx 

2. Enter your email address and click on "Next".

3. Select the option "I don't have any of these" if you are asked to verify your identity using your phone number. (if you still have access to the phone number/email address for verifying your ownership please use it.)

4. Follow the prompts to verify your identity using other methods such as your alternate email address or security questions.

5. Once you have verified your identity, you will be able to reset your password and regain access to your account.

Here are some helpful links on how to keep your account safe and secure:

1. Account has been locked - Microsoft Support - Please check this link for account that has been locked out.

2. How to recover a hacked or compromised Microsoft account - Microsoft Support

3. How to help keep your Microsoft account safe and secure - Microsoft Support

4. Sign in using two-step verification or security info - Microsoft Support

5. Microsoft account security info & verification codes - Microsoft Support

I hope this helps!

Thank you,

Vince

Microsoft Community Moderator

Microsoft Community Forum Moderator

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 2, 2024 Views 37 Applies to: