I got the "Someone else might be using your account"? What does it mean?

The   message you received is a warning that your account may have been compromised   , this could also mean that there is unsual activity on on the account , you   may recently signed in your Microsoft account to a new device such a new   computer, tablet or phone. This is an additional security feature to make   sure that only the true account owners get to access their Microsoft Account   but most of the times it's just the account being signed it to a different   device. 

There are several ways to get pass on this interrupt message and get back to what you are doing.

By following the steps below, you will be able to get back access on your account.

Here's how you do it.

STEP #1 

Log in to the Microsoft account that is affected on this issue using the link below to get into the "Someone else might be using your account" page.

Outlook.com Sign in -- Click here!

STEP #2

Once you get on the page, please click on 'Next' button.STEP #3

After clicking 'Next', you will be asked for a security code to be sent to your most active back up alternate email or phone number attached on your account.

**Please check for the correct spelling of the alternate email for you to receive your security code before you click the "SEND CODE".

**Open other browser to get the code on your alternate email.

Once you receive the code on your alternate email/phone number please enter it on the box provided.

STEP #4

Once you have entered the code and check if the code is Valid, then that's the time that you can able to reset your password and get back access on your account.

FAQs--

What if "I don't have access anymore on any of the security proof or back up email/phone number that is current attached on my account?

If you no longer have access on your back up proofs, that's the time that you may refer to the step 3 but this time, you need to select the "I can't verify my account" option. Where it will direct you to fill out the Account Recovery Form to validate your ownership of the account and prove that the account is yours.

You may use the link below to guide you on how you can able to fill out the account recovery form correctly. Once you pass and validate your account, you will receive an email coming from Microsoft on the contact email that you have provide with a reset password link that will allow you to get back access on your account.

How to fill out the Account Recovery Form to Recover my account? -- Click here!

Your Account is Your Responsibility.

Was this discussion helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks a lot Mykk for posting this useful thread.

I'm sure many will appreciate it and find it useful.

Best regards,

Alex

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

I'm having the same issue with my account and have completed every step provided on verification of my account. I can now login, receive and read emails just fine but when I go to send an email I get the message "below". I have another account I use with hotmail and am getting the same issue! When I create a new account I don't have this issue!

I've tired logging in from another compute and internet service providers to no a vale!!! Would sure be nice if I could get my account back and running as I use it for work.

"We've noticed some unusual activity in your Outlook.com account. To help protect you, we've temporarily blocked your account"

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I got the same thing yesterday.   Was sent several codes to unlock the account, which just looped back to having to have another code sent.

Now I'm locked out of my account for 24 hours, with the "You have exceeded the number of times you may request a verification code. Please try again later. "

Any suggestions how can I get this account unlocked and out of this loop of codes?

12 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Mark,

It's good to hear you can easily get a code, but is just having some issue with the process.

Try using another browser and repeat the same procedure once more. Sometimes, the browser also affects how this works.

If you do not have any other browser, use the Private Browsing features of them. Here's how for most browsers :

IE : "CTRL+SHIFT+P"

Firefox : "CTRL+SHIFT+P"

Google Chrome : "CTRL+SHIFT+N"

Safari : Safari > Private Browsing.. 

But, it's better that you create your own thread, rather than asking here to help you out further. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

The   message you received is a warning that your account may have been compromised   , this could also mean that there is unsual activity on on the account , you   may recently signed in your Microsoft account to a new device such a new   computer, tablet or phone. This is an additional security feature to make   sure that only the true account owners get to access their Microsoft Account   but most of the times it's just the account being signed it to a different   device. 

There are several ways to get pass on this interrupt message and get back to what you are doing.

By following the steps below, you will be able to get back access on your account.

Here's how you do it.

STEP #1 

Log in to the Microsoft account that is affected on this issue using the link below to get into the "Someone else might be using your account" page.

STEP #2

After clicking 'Next', you will be asked for a security code to be sent to your most active back up alternate email or phone number attached on your account.

**Please check for the correct spelling of the alternate email for you to receive your security code before you click the "SEND CODE".

Once you receive the code on your alternate email/phone number please enter it on the box provided.

STEP #4

Once you have entered the code and check if the code is Valid, then that's the time that you can able to reset your password and get back access on your account.

FAQs--

What if "I don't have access anymore on any of the security proof or back up email/phone number that is current attached on my account?

If you no longer have access on your back up proofs, that's the time that you may refer to the step 3 but this time, you need to select the "I can't verify my account" option. Where it will direct you to fill out the Account Recovery Form to validate your ownership of the account and prove that the account is yours.

You may use the link below to guide you on how you can able to fill out the account recovery form correctly. Once you pass and validate your account, you will receive an email coming from Microsoft on the contact email that you have provide with a reset password link that will allow you to get back access on your account.

This is the next step you going to do after you change your password, Click "Next" 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Here's how you do it.

STEP #1 

STEP #2

STEP #4

FAQs--

This is the next step you going to do after you change your password, Click "Next" 

After you click "Next" you will be asked if you want to scan your computer, if you don't want to scan your computer just click "Next" 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Here's how you do it.

STEP #1 

STEP #2

STEP #4

FAQs--

After you click "Next" you will be asked if you want to scan your computer, if you don't want to scan your computer just click "Next" 

You can now sign in your account using your new password! :)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Discussion Info

Last updated April 15, 2024 Views 5,180 Applies to: