How to Turn off the annoying "Unusual sign-in activity" notification

Hi,

I am a Technical Consultant and I need to use my Hotmail sometimes in servers hosted in datacenters across the world to access using their local IP address (Eg:US/UK IP Address) and whenever I tried to do that I get this annoying and ridiculous....

Unusual sign-in activity
We detected something unusual about a recent sign-in to the Microsoft account v-*****@hotmail.com. To help keep you safe, we required an extra security challenge.
Sign-in details:
Country/region: United States
IP address: 144.160.98.92
Date: 6/5/2016 1:32 AM (IST)
If this was you, then you can safely ignore this email.
If you're not sure this was you, a malicious user might have your password. Please review your recent activity and we'll help you take corrective action.
Review recent activity
To opt out or change where you receive security notifications, click here.

Niether I get a code nor I was able to access to verify or proceed using "MY Freaking OWN HOTMAIL Address" without it.

I would like to know how to turn off  this **** " so called security/identity verification" notification to allow my Hotmail access across anywhere from the world.

Answer
Answer

Hi,

If you wish to opt out of these security notifications just click on the link mentioned in the email "To opt out or change where you receive security notifications, click here.". This link will redirect you to the option where you can uncheck the box to get security notifications on your email account activity after verifying your email address by using the security code provided in your registered mobile number or alternate email address.

However, fi you are unable to receive the security code to verify your email account, then I would recommend you to contact chat support since they can better assist you on this issue.

The Outlook.com Community is a good place to find answers to many of your how-to questions and get advice from other users and community members. However, questions regarding your Microsoft account are not best handled in a public forum due to the personal information involved. Click here to learn more about how to get help with your Microsoft account: Where do I get additional support for My Account and Information issues?

To contact chat support you may click on this link.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated December 2, 2023 Views 7,584 Applies to: