How to access my outlook.com account.

Hello,

I was in my outlook.com account on Monday, responding to one of my emails.  When I finished with it,  I selected the back arrow to return to my emails.  That is when all my problems started.  Outlook.com had closed for no reason.  It made no sense.  When I tried to sign back in, it came back with: 

Something went wrong....Please try again later 

The MS account server has detected too many repeated authentication attempts.  Please wait a moment and try again. 

This took me by surprise, as I had done nothing of the sort for this message to be displayed.  I tried several times to sign in with my email and password.  Then it would not even let me sign in and kept sending the same message above.  I tried the virtual agent.  That was no help.  I tried changing the password in Microsoft.com as a possible solution to recover the account and allow me access.  This did nothing.  I did this a few times since then, but it never helped.  In fact, nothing has.  Could someone help me?  There didn't appear that there was a human available to talk to.  Sad indeed!  I wish I knew what to do next, but I am at a loss right now. 

If there is someone who might be able to help me, I would be forever grateful.  Thank you for your time.  

Hi Lesley! This is Raech, an Independent Advisor and an Outlook.com user like you. I'm happy to help!

Have you tried clearing your cache and browsing history yet? If that doesn't help, try using a different browser and see if it makes any difference.

Sincerely,
Raech

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Lesley! This is Raech, an Independent Advisor and an Outlook.com user like you. I'm happy to help!

Have you tried clearing your cache and browsing history yet? If that doesn't help, try using a different browser and see if it makes any difference.

Sincerely,
Raech

Hello, Raech,

I want to thank you so much for responding to my input. 

I always clear the cache and browsing history.  That didn't help.

As I did not know that much about the different browsers, I had to do the research first.  After downloading one and trying to access my outlook.com account, it let me use my email address and password.  That was wonderful.  Unfortunately, when I tired accessing the account using the present browser, it would not let me sign in. This was the message I received:

Sign in
Something went wrong and we can't sign you in right now. Please try again later.
The Microsoft account login server has detected too many repeated authentication attempts. Please wait a moment and try again.

I am up-to-date with my Microsoft account.

Why is it doing this when I use my original browser?

Hello, Raech,

I do wish to apologize for the no response in one of the responses.  This is not what I meant to do.  Not wanting to confuse anyone, I thought perhaps I could withdraw that response; however, I didn't know how to do that.  This is the correct response.   I didn't wish to confuse anyone.

Your response as to trying a different browser truly worked.  I would give your 5 stars if I could do it again. 

I didn't realize how much this whole thing had rattled me.  Please forgive that response.  You were a great help.  I just wondered why it would not allow me to access my account with the browser I was using yet did with this other one??

Thank you again.  

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 10, 2023 Views 96 Applies to: