how do i unblock my account? Changing password didn't work.

Hi

I got blocked out of my hotmail email and can't get back in. Ive reset the password many times.

|

Dear Felicia Peterson

Thanks for posting on Microsoft Community. I know how much time and effort you have invested for us trying to solve this problem.

I know you're experiencing account problems, but you've provided so little information that I can't tell if the problem you're experiencing is one within the other. Maybe it's a forgotten password, maybe it's a stolen number and maybe it's logging in using the very usual location. There are a variety of scenarios, so please provide more information to help me determine.

The account issue is what Microsoft takes most seriously and has the heaviest protection measures in place. In order to protect the accounts of millions of users around the world, the account is forced to be locked for 24 hours after just a few incorrect password entries.

Unfortunately, even if you, the user, reset your password when you realized you forgot it, the number of attempts still exceeded the interval allowed by Microsoft, so the account was temporarily locked for 24 hours, and regardless of the password reset, the account will need to wait for 24 hours for the temporary lock to be lifted before the user can continue to log in.

I'm just an ordinary agent, I don't have the authority to help you unlock and I'm sorry about that. please be patient and wait 24 hours, then continue to log in to the account!

Best Regards , 

Kokutou-MSFT |Microsoft Community Technical Support Expert

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 5, 2024 Views 19 Applies to: