How can I find Recover your account page?

Please, I  want to recover my account page!

You can the answer in this email:*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Thank you.

Moved from: Outlook.com /Email /Searching email

Answer
Answer

Hello Johnny,

If you're having trouble signing in to your Microsoft account, there could be a few different reasons for that – like you can't remember your password, have two-step verification turned on, or are traveling or using a new device. In line with this, If you can't remember your password, reset it. Follow these steps to create a new one:

1. Go to the Reset your password page.
  2. Choose the reason you need your password reset, then click Next.
  3. Enter the email address, phone number or Skype ID you used when you made your Microsoft account. This could be any email address, or an email ending in a Microsoft domain like hotmail.com or outlook.com.
  4. Enter the characters you see on the screen (this lets us know you're not a robot), then click Next.
  5. If you have security info on your account, we'll send a one-time code to the alternate phone number or email address you gave us. After you enter that code on the next screen, you'll be able to make a new password.

Moreover, the account recovery form is meant to be the last option to get you back into your account. Follow these steps to get to the recovery form:

1. Go to the Password reset page.
  2. Select the reason you can't sign in, then click Next.
  3. Enter the email address, phone number, or Skype name that you used to create your Microsoft account.
  4. Enter the characters you see on the screen to prove you're not a robot, then click Next.
  5. Select I don't have any of these when asked to verify your identity, then click Next.
  6. You may be asked if you have an account recovery code. This is something you would have created in the past and saved in a secure location, not a code that was sent to your phone or email. If you can find your code, enter it here. Otherwise, click No.

Now you should be at the page that says Recover your account. Follow these steps to fill out the form and send your recovery request.

We'll send the results of your recovery request to the email address you gave us in the form. This can take up to 24 hours because our support team reviews the forms that have guesses or almost-right answers.

Note:

If you have two-step verification turned on for your account, the recovery form won’t work. When you turn on two-step verification, we promise not to let anyone sign in without two forms of identification, no matter how much information they know about your account. See About two-step verification for more info.

Feel free to post back should you have further concerns.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 10, 2023 Views 821 Applies to: