Hotmail vs Outlook

I am a long time user of Hotmail.com, and my Microsoft username is my Hotmail email address. I'd like to change my Microsoft username to *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, and all other references in Microsoft to use that outlook name rather than the old Hotmail one. Is this easy to do?
Hi TRIPPAP

Thanks for reaching out! My name is Dane and i'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you.

Changing from hotmail to outlook domain is easy, the hard part is updating your emails from sites that you have registered using your hotmail because if you delete your hotmail , then there is no turning back , if you forgot to update one website to the new email, then there could be a problem in the future, so what i suggest is to keep the hotmail account and just add the new outlook email as alias and make it as primary email. To do that, log in to account.live.com , click on Your Info , then click on , manage how you sign in, then sign up for a new alias using your desired username and set it as primary alias.

7 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Dane,

The suggestion should be to keep the Hotmail address and just add the outlook.com email as an alias....

7 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 11, 2024 Views 2,285 Applies to: