Hacked Hotmail Account. Please urgently help...

I beg your mercy for the help me to retrieve the hacked Hotmail account. It has been such a disaster to our whole family for the last four days...

-  At the night of March 20 and the morning of March 21, the hacker logged into my Hotmail account, changed the log in pin, recovery phone and recovery emails and changed the account holder's name all at the same time.

- The hacker then used my email to retrieve the password for my online phone account and got a E-Sim card to hack my phone. 

- And then all of my family's bank accounts and PayPal account were hacked with multiple transfers with the total value of over $35,000, which I have the police report for that. Most of those accounts were set up with the two step verification of my Hotmail email and my phone.

Ever since the morning of March 21, the first moment when I found my Hotmail account was hacked, I have been contacting Microsoft Support to retrieve it, since it is the main email linked to most of my whole family's bank accounts and PayPal account. I used the Microsoft Online Chat, with almost one and half hours on the chat, the Agent asked me to open the new Microsoft email and mentioned my account will be frozen and someone will contact me within 2 to 5 business days for investigation, which I trusted and patiently waited. While I had been waiting, all of my bank accounts and PayPal account got hacked with multiple purchases/withdrawals/e-transfers made from each account with the value of $35,000 in total. The Hotmail email and phone number were unfortunately set up to be the two step verification for most of those accounts. 

I then crazily contacted Microsoft support with numerous times. First of all, it was so hard to reach any Agent for personal account, I searched the phone numbers of Microsoft support, all of the phone numbers directed me to contact Microsoft online support, which I did for numerous times. But because I didn't have the proper phone and email information to retrieve the account (changed by the hacker), I was unable to do so. I also filled up the Microsoft Online Form to retrieve my password numerous times, but I then got emails that my request was ignored by Microsoft because I had two way verification set up on my Hotmail account. 

After million of times calling the Microsoft support phone number, on the morning of March 22, I contacted Microsoft Store Canada/US, after close to one hour waiting, I finally got transferred to an Agent, the Agent named told me to use a valid Microsoft account to access the online chat for help. I immediately did so. I got an online case #, again the Agent told me I would receive reply with investigation within 2 to 5 business days. I answered the multiple questions via email to my accessible email account and sent it back to Microsoft support. Again I never heard anything back from Microsoft support. Exact the same as what happened when I dealt with the agent via Microsoft online chat on March 21.

As I heard nothing back, I called the Microsoft store again, and after over one hour's transfer, I finally reached to another Agent with case #. The Agent insisted there was nothing could be done on their end to help on retrieving the Hotmail account. I asked to speak with the Manager, he then sent the questionnaire, which was exactly the same one as per the previous contacts. Again, I answered the questions and submitted the email immediately to Microsoft Support. As expected, again nothing happened to all of the contacts I made, even the ones with the case numbers created.

On March 23, again with nothing heard back from Microsoft support, with no sleep for two nights and couldn't work for two days, and with continuous alerts I received from everywhere regarding my compromised information, I called Microsoft support phone again many times without luck. I was then forced to contact the Microsoft Store again. After one and half hours over the phone, I was finally transferred to the account division and spoke with the Agent Sheetal with case #. Again, with many questions answered, I received the same questionnaire as before with no further help. This time I asked for my request to be escalated and spoke with the Teamleader Shekhar. I expressed my frustration and devastated sadness about dealing with Microsoft regarding my hacked Hotmail account. The hacker has so much time to control my account, analyzes and uses all of the personal information to hack all of my family's bank accounts and PayPal accounts and set up the new bank account online with my information without my knowledge. Shekhar said the most he could do was to escalate the issue to the second level department and then the phone got disconnected. At about 4:30 PM in the afternoon, I was so surprised to receive the phone call from Rajkamal regarding the escalated case ID. I was so excited and felt I finally found some hope to retrieve my account. But when I clicked on the link as sent to my accessible email account, it mentions the "account retrieving information was sent to your phone". As everyone knows, my phone number and retrieval emails in Hotmail account was changed by the hacker as the first thing with the access to my Hotmail account at the night of March 20 and the morning of March 21. The agent then mentioned he had to escalate the issue to the third level department. Again it will be within 2 to 5 business days and the fastest reply will be at least after 24 hours. He promised to get back to my regarding my case tomorrow at the same time.  

It has been such a disaster nightmare since March 21 as fraud victims, especially with my experience dealing with Microsoft support, until now, I have spent at least over 12 hours in total by contacting Microsoft help via online chats, via phone and via emails. And nothing, nothing has been done to my Hotmail account at all. The hacker still owns the account and uses it actively to keep analyzing and hacking all of my information. I don't know what is going to happen tomorrow, next week, next year and in the future with all of my compromised personal information stolen. As I told the Teamleader, if this issue is not resolved asap to reduce my further losses, I am left with no choice, but to tell my story and experience in all of the social media to let the world know what has happened to me as a loyal Hotmail account customer. I will for sure put Microsoft Canada to the court with claims for all of my losses I have suffered due to the hacked account and the delayed support I got. 

My spouse's account was with another email service provider, exact the same thing happened and my spouse got the account retrieved within one hour with the safest way on the morning of March 21. As a result, the hacker couldn't get any more bank transfers approved and we immediately knew about the online bank account opened by the hacker and we took the immediate action to have the minimum loss. Compared to my experience with Microsoft/Hotmail, I am so sorry, but I have been so speechless...

Here as the fraud victim, I beg your mercy to please, please help me retrieve my account ASAP to help protect the further loss of my family's personal information... If you need any further information on my Hotmail, please feel free to let me know at anytime. Thanks for any help you could give.

Hi,

You have <1% chance to get your account back knowing Microsoft policies. My best advice would be to contact your bank to secure your account and online banking. Then, you should trace all accounts tied to your Microsoft account and secure them all (strong password, 2FA with a new email if needed or authenticator, etc).

Minimize the damage to your online life by securing all of your accounts and then only your bank can help you with your money loss.

I wish you good luck in your endeavors.

Regards,

ltsquelette

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks very much for your reply.

The first thing the hacker did to my account was to add the two way verification to my hotmail account. So they know they can enjoy all of the information there without being retrieved. The hacker knows about the stupid Microsoft' policy so well and it helps them to commit this kind of hacking crime.

My spouse account was from Yahoo. It got retrieved back within one hour in the safest way. I was so stupid to use Hotmail and trust Microsoft. I will definitely serve the court documents to Microsoft Canada in the downtown Toronto office. I will see Microsoft in court.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

The Microsoft Agents told me twice the account is frozen. But it is not. I don't understand how the Microsoft Agent could be so unprofessional on dealing with this kind of cases?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 22, 2024 Views 809 Applies to: