Cmd + Backspace no longer works Outlook Web

Greetings,

Starting this morning, I noticed that the shortcut "Cmd + Backspace" stopped working on the web version of Outlook.

I have tested it while writing e-mails on both Chrome and Safari on my Mac.

I wonder if this issue is also occurring with others.

Kind regards,

CMF

P.s.: at least "Opt + Shift + Arrow keys" is working again for selecting individual words =)

|

Hello Claudenir Fonseca,

Good morning!   

    

Thank you for publishing in Microsoft Community. We are happy to help you.   

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with "Cmd + Backspace" stopped working on the web version of Outlook.

Please can i you confirm with you if you are talking about of "Cmd + Delete" Reference: Keyboard shortcuts for Outlook - Microsoft Support.

However, after try the above shortcut from my end it is working, in Edge and chrome. This shortcut cmd + Delete is for Delete "Delete the character to the left of the cursor or delete the selected text." or "Delete the character to the right side of the cursor or delete the selected text." And Option+ Delete is to delete the last word.

However, to better understand the issue and we need more details from you, please kindly provide us the following information. Thank you. 

1-Please kindly let me know what happen when you use shortcut cmd + Delete?

2-Please may i know the type of the keyboard you are using since you are talking about Cmd+Backspace instead Cmd+Delete

3-Is it possible to use the same shortcut in different device and let me know the issue

Note: "Opt + Shift + Arrow keys" This is a universal key command on a Mac that just stopped working with Outlook and Outlook only. After check we Mac support thread the team are aware about the issue and the outlook for Mac, recently some universal key not working and the dedicate team are working on it.

We look forward to your reply. This requested information will help us narrow down the scenario and find the right troubleshooting. We will continue to assist you based on the information you provide. I sincerely appreciate your patience and cooperation.  

   

Sincerely   

    

Eben Ezer Tres | Microsoft Community Moderator 

* Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Indeed, that is not the issue. It is something more specific I struggled to identify.

There is some action capturing my cursor while I type, sending it to the foreground. This is terrible because whatever I type is no longer text, but an action on the interface like navigating through my inbox.

I was able to reproduce this on my Mac both on Chrome and Safari but it was not consistent between browsers. On Chrome, for instance, when moving the cursor to the end of the first word in a sentence and hitting "Left Cmd", my focus would change right away.

I am sorry to complain like this, but it has been terrible to use my e-mail like this.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 30, 2024 Views 11 Applies to: