Can't sign out of Microsoft account on Internet Explorer

Hello,

I’m trying to sign out of my Microsoft account in Internet Explorer, but IE keeps signing me in again. I try to sign out, and then close IE, but when I open IE again to go to the Bing homepage and click “sign in” it signs me back in without asking for my password or anything. How do I stop that? Other people use my laptop and I don’t want to automatically sign to my Microsoft account without asking for a password.

I even tried to sign out, then I signed in using a different Microsoft account, but the same thing happened. When I closed IE and opened it again, Bing signed me in using my main account. No password or anything.

Here's my problem (just to be clear): I'm trying to sign out of my Microsoft account (MSN, Hotmail, outlook, etc.). But when open internet explorer, and go to the Bing homepage, and you click "connect" you are immediately signed in to my account. and if you click on "Outlook.com" on the Bing homepage, you can go to my outlook account and check out all my emails.  How come bing doesn't require a password to sign into my Microsoft account?

I tried to uninstall internet explorer, but I can't. I can only turn it off, and that can easily be reversed by turning it on again. How do I solve this problem? It seems like a huge flaw in the "security" you're trying to provide us.

Thank you,

Alan

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Answer
Answer

I’m trying to sign out of my Microsoft account in Internet Explorer, but IE keeps signing me in again. I try to sign out, and then close IE, but when I open IE again to go to the Bing homepage and click “sign in” it signs me back in without asking for my password or anything. How do I stop that? Other people use my laptop and I don’t want to automatically sign to my Microsoft account without asking for a password.

I even tried to sign out, then I signed in using a different Microsoft account, but the same thing happened. When I closed IE and opened it again, Bing signed me in using my main account. No password or anything.

Here's my problem (just to be clear): I'm trying to sign out of my Microsoft account (MSN, Hotmail, outlook, etc.). But when open internet explorer, and go to the Bing homepage, and you click "connect" you are immediately signed in to my account. and if you click on "Outlook.com" on the Bing homepage, you can go to my outlook account and check out all my emails.  How come bing doesn't require a password to sign into my Microsoft account?

Go to https://account.microsoft.com/ and sign out.

Go to the MS sites you use and if you're automatically signed in, sign out. When you sign in the next time, don't check the "Keep me signed in" box.

Clearing all cookies once may help.

Internet Options> General tab> Browsing History> Delete> uncheck "Preserve Favorites website data" then delete Cookies. No reason, yet, to delete history,  passwords, etc.

You may have to remember to always sign out of these sites.

Don

13 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 21, 2024 Views 15,947 Applies to: