can't change email address in microsoft family account

I have a microsoft family 365 account. When logged in, it won't allow me to add a new alias email account AND it won't allow me to change the existing email account associated with this subscription. When I go to change email, it it "Grayed Out"

Is there a solution?

Hello, Rich Scarborough.

Thanks for reaching out to our Microsoft Community Forum.

We understand that you're having trouble changing the email address associated with your Microsoft 365 subscription.

Usually when you redeem a subscription to a Microsoft account you cannot change the email address associated while the subscription in ongoing. With that in mind, what's the domain of this Microsoft account? I don't need the actual address. I just need to know if it's @Outlook.com or @Hotmail.com or @Live.com or @MSN.com.

Also, why do you want to change the email address?

Feel free to reply to this thread if you need further clarification.

Sincerely,

Glenn Rue

Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello!

We haven't heard from you in the last 72 hours, so we will be considering your issue resolved. Moving forward, we will not be monitoring this thread so if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking the link below. Or click on the Ask a question option as shown in the photo.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/newthread?threadtype=Questions&cancelurl=%2Fen-us%2F

Thank you for understanding.

Respectfully,

Glenn

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 10, 2024 Views 38 Applies to: