Cannot create email groups in exchange admin center - 2

Hello 

Please i need help on this issue.

Cannot create email groups in exchange admin center

When I attempt to create and email group using EAC I get the following error.

We couldn't create the group.

Exception of type 'Microsoft.Online.BOX.Util.Exceptions.InternalException' was thrown.

I have tried with different web browsers using private or incognito mode and it still doesn’t work.  I am able to create the Exchange groups using PowerShell commands, but I cannot create them using the Exchange web portal.

|

Dear bassey1,

Good day!

Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community. We are glad to assist!

Based on your description regarding "Cannot create email groups in exchange admin center - 2". To understand the situation and be able to offer you relevant suggestions, we would need a little more information from you. Kindly help us in providing the following information.

• May I double confirm that you checked if other admin didn't try to edit the current roles? Kindly check this thread Exception of type 'Microsoft.Online.BOX.Util.Exceptions.InternalException' was thrown. - Microsoft Community Hub

• May I also confirm that your account has Recipient Management Role? To check this kindly sign into Exchange admin center (Exchange admin center (microsoft.com)) with Admin credentials-->Admin Roles under Roles--> Scroll down to Recipient Management then click on Recipient Management-->choose Permissions and Make sure that Distribution Group is selected-->Hit Save button

• May I please know if your organization has another Admin? If so, kindly check if other organization Admin are experiencing same situation.

• May I know your current environment? Is It Exchange Hybrid, on-premises exchange (Exchange server) or pure cloud?

This requested information will help us to narrow down the scenario and find the right troubleshooting. We are looking forward to your response! Thanks for your precious time. Have a nice day!

Best regards,

Inema |Community Moderator

• Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello Inema Elyse MSFT

Thank you for your reply.

Please find answers to the questions:

1. May I double confirm that you checked if other admin didn't try to edit the current roles?

My account is currently a Global Admin and I tried a different Global Admin account and still get the same error.

2. May I also confirm that your account has Recipient Management Role?

Yes I added my account to Recipient Management and I’m still getting the same error message.

3. May I please know if your organization has another Admin? If so, kindly check if other organization Admin are experiencing same situation.

Yes both Global Admin accounts are experiencing the same issue.

4. May I know your current environment? Is It Exchange Hybrid, on-premises exchange (Exchange server) or pure cloud?

Pure cloud for Exchange.  I’m syncing accounts with my on-prem Active Directory using Entra Cloud Connect.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 4, 2024 Views 71 Applies to: