Unable to delete emails - message: The operation cannot be performed because the object has been deleted

I had problems updating from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1. This was resolved today by MS on a remote session but as my Microsoft  account was corrupt they had to close it and reopen one using same email address. Everything has been reinstated including OFFICE 365, however if I try to delete an email I get a message "The operation cannot be performed because the object has been deleted".

The other problem is sending emails. I thought they were getting stuck in the Outbox until I received a reply to one. So it appears they are being sent but staying in the Outbox rather than dropping into the sent folder. Not sure which problem is the most serious but really cannot live with either. Support is closed, so wonder if anyone has any ideas what I could try.

Answer
Answer
This fix will most likely solve your problems, simply do this 

FILE - Account Settings - Account Settings - Change - More Settings - Advanced

Where it says Folders - Root folder path:

Then enter the word:    inbox

I got this info from this forum post here and it worked for me  http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/e5cf9882-82e9-4710-832f-186c38941558/imap-problem-with-outlook-2013-since-actual-patchday?forum=outlook 

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 12, 2024 Views 837 Applies to: