Project 2013 - Custom cost field not visible in Time Report

Good morning - I have a custom cost field (Contract amt) that I would like to compare alongside the Cost field in the Cashflow report based on time.  Basically, I would like to look at Cost and Contract Amt over a specified period of time.  Since Contract Amt is a custom cost field, it does not show up in available fields. Please advise on how to accomplish the report I need.  Additionally, if I use the Cashflow report in Visual Reports, while I can select the custom field Contract Amt, it does not appear in the available pivot table fields.  Again - either way, I need to get this fairly simple report and am looking for a way to get there.  Many thanks for your help!
I'm afraid custom fields are not timephased so they will not appear in any of the Visual Reports.  Project does not know how to spread the custom cost data.  The best I can recommend is to export the data (Cost and the Custom Cost fields) to Excel and manually spread the data.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Is there another field I can use to manually enter the information and report on it?   

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Not really.  If you are trying to compare a budgeted value against actuals, you can save a baseline to create a baseline cost (equal to the contract amount field is my guess.)  Then as you start to work the project, you can compare baseline costs against actual cost.  Both Baseline Cost and Costs are available in timephased data.  You can also manually edit Baseline Costs if needed.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Ok - thanks!  When you report on manually edited baseline costs, does the report actually pull the manually edited/entered data?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hmmm.  No, it doesn't.  The edited values do not seem to appear.   Would the none edited baseline values work for you?  You can enter a lump sum in the Fixed Cost field and Project will spread it out over the task duration.  When you save a baseline, that Fixed cost is carried as cost.  However, the Fixed Cost field is not editable in a time-phased view.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Can you recommend a solution for this?  Just being able to manually enter the data into the field does not help with reporting.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Can you use the Fixed Cost and have the cost spread evenly across the task(s)?

Where is the contract price coming from?  I'm guessing work?  Tell us more about how those values are derived.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Good suggestion on Fixed Cost, but if I use that, it will effect/increase the Cost field.  The contract price is coming directly from the contract.  It is the amount we are contracted for (which does not equal Work or Cost.)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry for the delay.  The best I can suggest is to add a Budget Cost resource and assign your contract cost to the Project Summary task.  It will spread the budget cost evenly across the project span.  You can then use the Budget Cost field in the Cash Flow Report.  In testing, the Budget Cost field is editable in a timephased view and the edits carry through to the Cash Flow report. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2021 Views 419 Applies to: