Error Message in Access 2007 "XML failed to validate the schema etc"

Help!!! Using the Import Text Wizard I am attempting to import text files into a table in Access 2007 (The database was developed in Access 2000 and later converted to 2003 - all macros and visual basic coding worked well) First I got the Utility.mda message and unchecked that now I am getting a message "The specification XML Failed to validate against schema. There is an error in the following line of the XML document:1."

Note that the document is a text file even though the error message refers to an XML document.

Can someone help me pls - much appreciated.

My operating system is  Window 7

Methals

Answer
Answer

Thank you Gina - I recreated the Specs in the import (long task) and renamed it -  that worked.  Greaat way to end a Friday - Thanks again.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

I do have Access SP2 installed.  I have been reading the Blogs and it seems that this has been a problem since 2007 - I have reinstalled 2003 and my Import works as it should.  However I just upgraded to 2007  so I would naturally like to work in that.  

I have several Date fields in my import and this according to some folks is the problem.  I am importing the Dates into  text fields, the dowload is in CToss which I later run a module to change to DOS.    I looked at the Import Specifications. When you suggest recreating the Import Specifications - What do I have to change to make it work?? 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 13, 2024 Views 4,883 Applies to: