How do I get a team to open on its home page rather than general channel?

I am setting up Homepages for my Teams, but when I open a Team the default screen is the General Channel. How do I set the Homepage as the default opening screen for each Team?

|

Hi John M My Name is Jen A, Thank you for reaching out to us. I am sorry for this inconvenience / Do not worry, I will help you sort this issue/Rest assured that I will do my best to assist you with this matter. In the "Settings" window, scroll down to the "General" section. e. Under "When opening this team," select "Open on the team homepage." Please see the answer from my colleague with regards to this matter. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msteams/forum/all/how-do-i-get-a-team-to-open-on-its-home-page/1b63abcc-257e-43bd-b444-c286bb58033a#:~:text=In%20the%20%22Settings%22%20window%2C,Open%20on%20the%20team%20homepage.%22 Let us know how it goes, we're here to help you further if needed. Jen A.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Jen,

Thank you for your reply. However, those options do not appear on the "new" Teams App or online Teams.

Many thanks,

John

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

There is currently no way to set Teams to open on the team homepage by default. The only way to do it is manually, as described in the previous messages. Microsoft is aware of this request and is working on a way to make it possible to set Teams to open on the team homepage by default. However, there is no ETA for when this feature will be released. I hope you can understand. At this time, the default page is the General channel and according to the feedback team, this functionality is still on the backlog. You may upvote this requested feature at the following feedback portal link. https://feedbackportal.microsoft.com/feedback/idea/ccbb4017-7ebd-ed11-83ff-002248273995

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for your reply. However, the instructions to set it up manually described in the previous message are not on my Teams app on Mac or on the online version.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I regret to inform you that I don't have further troubleshooting steps to offer. I trust that other knowledgeable users on the forum may provide additional insight into your issue and that this helps you reach a positive outcome. Thank you, Jen A.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 4, 2024 Views 31 Applies to: