Cannot join/create calls in Microsoft Teams on PC (worked on Macbook and phone)

Hello,

I'm currently experiencing a very serious and extremely frustrating issue that I haven't been able to resolve. The problem lies with creating and joining calls on Teams, on the latest version, on my Windows device. I use Teams for my work and my study. Whenever there's a group call or someone calls me, I can't join the call on my PC.

However, if I use my phone or MacBook, everything works fine (under the same Wifi) - I can answer calls and talk, and all functions operate normally. I've tried various solutions I found online, such as clearing the Teams cache, reinstalling Teams, and clearing the browser cache, but the issue persists.

So, what should I do now? I've attached two images below, the first image shows that when I try to make or join a call, the screen gets stuck and freezes, and then it transitions to the second image, preventing me from creating or joining a meeting on PC.

Although I was able to make calls a couple of weeks ago, I can't do it now, and I don't understand why. Can someone please help me with this? I really need this feature on my PC as I primarily work on my PC.

Thank you.

|

Hello  M Vu,

Good day! Thank you for posting in the community. 

I understand the frustration you are facing with Microsoft Teams on your Windows device, where you are unable to create or join calls despite being able to do so on your phone and MacBook.

Let's troubleshoot this issue further and try to find a solution:

Given the issue, the quickest way to check the issue is that restart your computer and modem. This should fix any network connection issues. If signing out of your account and logging back in did not solve the problem, pursue further troubleshooting steps.

First, as workaround going to the calendar in Teams, look for that meeting and join it there. and try the steps below and let us know

1.Please are you using new teams or the classic one ?

please Clear Your Teams Desktop Client Cache and check the issue

If the desktop client got stuck, try clearing the cache.

1. Open the Cache folder and delete all the files. Check if you can join the meeting after you do that.

2. If the issue persists, continue clearing the cache folders.

3. Launch Teams again. Check if the issue is gone now.

2.Use the Teams Web App

If this issue affects the desktop client, check if you can join the meeting using the Microsoft Teams web app. Try to access Teams in private or incognito mode.

3.Book the Meeting in Teams

Some users suggested that booking the meeting directly in Teams should prevent such issues. It appears that Outlook and Teams sometimes fail to sync all the information from the user profile.

It seems that users who booked the meeting in Outlook experienced meeting connection problems more frequently.

4.Update Microsoft Teams

If there’s a new Teams desktop client version available, install it and check if this quick solution did the trick. Certain features may not work properly on outdated Teams versions.

1. Click on your profile picture and click on Check for updates.

2. Install the updates, restart Teams, restart your computer.

3. Try to join the meeting again.

5.Whitelist teams.microsoft.com

If you’re using Mimecast URL Threat Protection, add teams.microsoft.com as an exception. This will whitelist Teams. Mimecast URL Threat Protection and other similar tools re-write the Teams URL. That’s why you can’t join the meeting. Whitelisting Teams should get the job done.

6.Reinstall the Teams App

If nothing worked, uninstall Teams.

Please follow the steps in the official article below to uninstall the Teams application.

Uninstall Microsoft Teams - Microsoft Support.

Reinstall Teams using this Download Microsoft Teams Desktop and Mobile Apps | Microsoft Teams

We look forward to your reply. This requested information will help us narrow down the scenario and find the right troubleshooting. We will continue to assist you based on the information you provide. I sincerely appreciate your patience and cooperation.  

   

Sincerely   

    

Eben Ezer Tres | Microsoft Community Moderator 

* Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 11, 2024 Views 48 Applies to: