How does PowerPoint choose which monitor to use in Presenter View and can I change it?

I have a 3 monitor setup.

PowerPoint has a Monitor setup UI under Slide Show / Monitors.

But it only allows the selection of the monitor to use for the Audience View and not the monitor used for the Presenter View.

So I can get the audience view of the slide show to appear on the right monitor but the Presenter View is appearing on a monitor chosen by PowerPoint, not me.

Is there a way to over-ride this behaviour e.g. using the registry, like can be done for the presentation monitor:

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\PowerPoint\Options\DisplayMonitor\.\DISPLAY3

I tried adding a new DWROD value for PresenterViewMonitor in this path and DisplayMonitor in the PresenterView key but neither worked.

This is what I'd really like to see implemented: (a duplicate of this request has been sent to MSFT with a frown)

The PowerPoint User Voice forum is Microsoft's forum for suggestions. They use the votes on these ideas to prioritize their programming. Here is a suggestion similar to yours, adding your vote will increase the likelihood of this being added in a future version: Choose which display (presentation & presenter view) goes to which monitor/output
Author of "OOXML Hacking - Unlocking Microsoft Office's Secrets", ebook now out
John Korchok, Production Manager
production@brandwares.com

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi John. I was about to address that channel too (done now - with a link back to this question). I don't like it as much because it's purely text based and so often a request gets misunderstood when visualising it could save time. We are the perfect people to evangelise about this!
Technical Consultant at BrightCarbon | MVP | CPS

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 3, 2024 Views 16,026 Applies to: