Could not find a contact with this e-mail address

Hi - (Regarding Outlook 2010/Windows 7)

One of my users has a problem looking up contacts from an email message. After right-clicking the contact and choosing "Look Up Contact", he receives the message "Could not find a contact with this e-mail address." The contact is in his Contacts folder, and the email address matches. He has his account set up to look in his own Contacts folder first, before checking the Global Address book. I have looked at the "813607" MS Knowledge Base article, but frankly, can't figure out what I'm supposed to do. I don't want Outlook to check the Global Address Book first, and the contact doesn't reside there anyway - but what does the "work around behavior" have to do with a fix? I can access the Properties, but then what?

This problem does not happen with every contact in his Contacts folder. The name of the contact we were looking at today appears in his nickname list if he creates a new message - which, I'm assuming, has nothing to do with the "look up contact" option - but, Outlook is finding the contact that way, so why doesn't "look up contact" work?

As a side note, the contact we were looking at today does have multiple email addresses attached to it, but the one that Outlook could not find is the primary address.

Any suggestions on where to start looking is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Tammy

Answer
Answer

Is the customer using an Exchange account?

If yes, for queries regarding Outlook on an Exchange account, post your questions in the forum below:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/exchangesvrclients/threads

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated September 30, 2021 Views 755 Applies to: