After changing live/ondrive/office365 password OneNote for iPad won't sync - doesn't prompt to re-enter password

I changed my live/ondrive/office365 password from my computer web browser the other day.  Now when I launch OneNote on my iPad it reports an error syncing (I assume because it doesn't have my updated password).  It doesn't prompt me to re-enter my password, it just says there was an error.  I don't see a way to update my password in the connected accounts section.  I tried removing the onedrive account and adding it back and now I am getting an error saying it can't connect to Office 365 Service.  I have a working Internet connection from my iPad and all other apps I've tried can connect to Internet sites and services.

Any thoughts?  Thanks.

Greg

Answer
Answer

Hello Greg,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Office Community.

A quick question before we proceed.

Did you remove the account from your device following steps mentioned in the article below?
https://support.office.com/en-in/article/How-do-I-sign-out-671680ff-61d3-4417-b16d-82ab9943ea87  

If the above is true, reset OneNote for iPad app following steps mentioned below, sign in again and verify the result.

Close all the Office apps:

1) Go to iPad Settings.
2) In Settings, tap to select OneNote app for iPad.

3) Under RESET, tap Reset OneNote app.

4) Slide to enable Delete Login Credentials.

5) Start OneNote for iPad app.

6) Sign in using your Microsoft account.

7) Now try editing and verify the result the result.

Hope it helps. Try the suggestions and let me know the result at your earliest convenience.

Thank you.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 1, 2021 Views 2,438 Applies to: