Syntax Error when Specifying Date Criteria in MS Query (Excel 2010) using Windows 10

I Recently Upgraded my OS from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I am using an ODBC connection string to extract data from a Sage Database file. The Extract worked perfectly in Windows 7. I use the Query wizard in Excel. I have a Where Clause that only selects date based on the DATE field. I select records That are greater than 31/03/2014 and Less than 01/04/2015. This works perfectly in Windows 7. In Windows 10 I get a SYNTAX ERROR. I have tried formatting the date in different ways(2014-03-31 or 2014/03/31. I have even tried to use the Underlying number for the date. If I do this, I get told to format the date in yyyy/mm/dd format. Has anyone else had this problem?
I have not Received an answer. I was able to re-check the error by using a colleague's computer running Windows 7.I was able to create a workaround which involved Filtering the Data in Excel 2010. However that involved  Extracting over 9000 records instead of just 1975. Microsoft really need to address this issue

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

This Issue is now Resolved. I had to Update the Language settings on My Coputer to Enable Cortana to Work Properly. Since I Downloaded the Laguage Pack and set my Default Language the error has disappeared.

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 7, 2023 Views 1,417 Applies to: