Outlook macro blocked since update 1902 + other bugs

Hi,

I have Outlook 2016 from Office 365 ProPlus, and since the last semi-annual update 1902 my macro from ThisOutlookSession are disabled with the following message:

The macros in this project are disabled.

Note:

• the macros have always been working before
  • the macros are digitally signed
  • issue with Macro Settings set to "Notification for digitally signed..."
  • issue also with Macro Settings set to "Notification for all macros"
  • only workaround: Macro Settings set to "Enable all macros (not recommended; potentially dangerous code can run and cause death of your whole family)"

Other bugs a:

• repeatedly asking for email (but not password) each time I open a SharePoint file
  • every now and then losing settings like color scheme
  • sometimes losing recent opened files/pinned files

How can I get rid of these issues? Revert to previous update and definitively disabled all Office updates? (I also encountered issues with previous updates, our help desk is overwhelmed with similar issues from many colleagues)

Regards,

Gauthier

PS: thanks god I have and old Office 2003 version for home computers - never run into this mess there!

Hello Gauthier,

Thanks for your post in the forum. Regarding to the issue about the Macro, please post a new thread in the MSDN Outlook for Developer Support forum to find the solution, because the engineers there are more professional in this fields and it is out of our support boundary.

In this forum, we focus on Outlook client issues. Regarding to the issues you mentioned, based on the description, I’m not clearly what the issue is. Please provide the detailed steps that you did to reproduce them, so that I can do more tests on my side. It would be helpful if you can also provide some screenshots.  

Meanwhile, it is recommended to try the following suggestions to see if it helps:

1. Open Outlook in safe mode to see if there is any difference. It can help exclude whether the problem is caused by add-ins in Outlook client.

2. Download Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant for Office 365 and follow the prompts to scan and fix it.

Regards,

Rick

-----------------------

* Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here.

* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps please, as it will be beneficial to more Community members reading here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello Gauthier,

Please feel free to let us know if you need further assistance on our side. 

Regards,

Rick

-----------------------

* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps please, as it will be beneficial to more Community members reading here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Rick,

Thanks for your support, but none of the suggestion solved the issue regarding Outlook macro:

1. Safe mode: macro still blocked

2. Support and Recovery Assistant: "We're sorry we couldn't fix your problem with Outlook..." (and when I click on the link "Here's" in the tool I get an error message...)

Regards,

Gauthier

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Gauthier,

Regarding to the issues about macro, please create a new thread in the MSDN forum above because we have dedicated support team for this kind of issues. 

Besides, it would be helpful if you can provide more steps on how to reproduce the other issues you mentioned above. From the description in the post, I'm not sure the behaviors of those issues and I can get limited information. Thanks for your understanding. 

Regards,

Rick

-----------------------

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Gauthier,

Any update for further help? 

Regards,

Rick

-----------------------

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Rick,

I kind of lose hope to have the 1902 version of Office 16 stable on my computer after noticing 10% to 20% of colleagues having issues with the same version... Just requested new laptop with fresh install and planning 1 full day data/config migration to it.

Regarding point 2, the issue is a broken link in the "Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant for Office 365". Probably there should be another tool developed to track bugs within the Recovery Assistant? ;-)

Regards,

Gauthier

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Gauthier,

Thanks for the update. If you are facing the same issues in the new laptop and need any further assistance, please let us know the symptom and the steps to reproduce them so that we can investigate to it further.

Besides, regarding to the broken link in the “Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant for Office 365”, please try the access this page to see if it works.

Regards,

Rick

-----------------------

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

After countless hours of investigation time and productivity loss, I finally found the problem: for an unknown reason my file vbaproject.otm was corrupt: although I was still able to view it, edit it and save it, any attempt to run a macro returned the error "macro in this project are disabled" although the macro settings were set to "Notifications for all macros"!

To fix the issue, I copied my macro to a text file (luckily I only had code!) then deleted the file. Outlook created a new blank file at startup where I just had to paste the copied code.

Fixed on my side, but definitely Outlook would deserve some improvement on that side. I have kept a copy of the corrupt vbaproject.otm file if ever Microsoft wanted to investigate this issue...

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2023 Views 529 Applies to: