OneNote app on iPad losing link with OneDrive

Our work place has three staff members using OneNote on an iPad and saving the OneNote as a PDF to OneDrive. Up until about three weeks ago, they had no issue with sending the OneNote page to another app. The following images

The only way we have found to restore the link between OneNote and OneDrive is to delete the OneNote app from the iPad and then re-install the app. Has anyone else come across this issue? Does anyone have a solution to this issue?

Dear Jette

I am an independent advisor, and I am trying to help other users in Community with my experience in Microsoft products.

Please also mention if staff members are also using other devices or only iPads ? This behavior is noticeable only with OneNote or other Office apps as well ? When you say that iPad is loosing the connection, do you get any error messages ? If yes please share the screenshot of it In this thread you will find tips on how to insert screenshot into message https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

As I understand you are working offline on the OneNote https://support.office.com/en-gb/article/work-o... - Am I wright ? is there a specific reason for that ?

Normally when you add account and sync the Notebooks with it , they are stored in OneDrive. You can log in OneNote online and see the notebooks there as well. If iPad is loosing connection to OneDrive, you can try to test it with another network and try to use mobile data on iPad ( or connect to hotspot on your phone ) and see if that will fix the sync.
Regards,
LA
***I'm an independent advisor and I don't work for Microsoft***

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello LA,

The staff members are able to use the desktop apps via their PCs with no linking problems. This issue is only occurs when using their iPad and transferring a OneNote page as a PDF to OneDrive. The apps are used online, that is, they have internet connectivity. When out of the office, connectivity is via their SIM card.

This is their process when the link is available:

1. In the field, they create a drawing in OneNote of services that are to buried.
  2. Once the drawing is complete, they will select Share
  3. Send with Another App
  4. Send Copy of Page
  5. Select OneDrive
  6. Select the folder in which they want to save the document 
  7. Upload the document.

It is very important that they can do this process as soon as the drawing is complete as any change to the document that can accidentally occur cannot be re-drawn. Even though there is version control, they want to ensure a PDF capture at the end.

I don't have a screenshot of any error messages. Currently the links are working. When the issue was occurring last week, the iPads and apps were up to date. The devices are set up automatically update and the users have been instructed to update the apps when updates occur. Maybe one of the recent updates that has fixed the issue. If the issue occurs again, I will upload a screenshot of any error messages. I will also try hot-spotting the device to another network to see if that will help.

Thank you.

Jette

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Dear Jette

In this case I would suggest the following.
1. Please try the suggestions, that I provided, next time this will happen ( hopefully it will not )
2. If that will not help to resolve, please use Feedback option in your OneNote app and select option I don't like something
3. Describe what is happening and provide the screenshot of error message.
4. Dedicated support will reply to you, probably requesting some additional information

Hopefully they will get to root cause of this
Regards,
LA
***I'm an independent advisor and I don't work for Microsoft***

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated October 1, 2021 Views 299 Applies to: