Need to be able to make slide "#1" start on the fourth slide.

When I insert slide #'s, it starts on the first slide.  I need for slide "#1" to begin on the fourth slide which follows the table of contents. I also need for each slide to correspond correctly with my table of contents. 

I can manually enter page #'s in text box's at the bottom of each slide, but as I add new slides or change the order, I have to manually change each slide #....time consuming.  There has tobe an easier way.  Thanks!

Answer
Answer

One of the ways to get this done is as follows:

1. Place your actual first 3 slides at the end of the presentation and start your presentation from your 4th slide. PowerPoint would number your slides from 1 and that would be the correct number for your 4th slide.
  2. Remove the slide numbers from the last 3 slides (which are your actual first 3 slides).
  3. Create a Custom Show such that your last 3 slides are placed as the first 3 slides in the Custom Show and the remaining slides follow those 3 slides. To create a Custom Show, useSlide Show | Custom Shows... menu item.
  4. Next, tell PowerPoint to display the custom show when you start the slide show. To do this, selectSlide Show | Set Up Show... menu item, select Custom show in the Show slides section and select your custom show in the list, click OK button.

Now when you start the slide show, PowerPoint will show your actual first 3 slides without slide numbers and slide #1 from your actual slide 4 onwards.

- Chirag

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated September 30, 2021 Views 3,546 Applies to: