Microsoft Teams status is stuck on "Out of Office"

I recently went on vacation and accessed Teams from my tablet for the first time by installing the Teams app. Now I am back at work and using my work laptop. Even though I have signed out of the Teams app on my tablet and removed my work account from all Microsoft apps on my tablet, my Teams status is still stuck as "Out of Office." How can I change it to "Available?"

Things I have tried:

1. (tablet) Changing status to "Available" on the tablet app
  2. (tablet) Signing out of the tablet app
  3. (tablet) Removing my work accounts from my tablet completely
  4. (laptop) Signing in and out of the Teams app
  5. (laptop) clicking on my profile pic and changing the status to "Available" or any other status. (There is no change at all)
  6. (laptop) typing in the command to change my status to available (no change at all)
  7. (browser) Accessing Teams through Chrome on my laptop and doing 5 and 6 (no effect)

Note that my Skype and Outlook status is correctly set to "Available." I'm at a complete loss and would really like help with this. 

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi Daily,

Here are the steps to change status in Microsoft Teams. As I understand based on your description, you might have tried the steps but the status still show as Away. Please note that if you've been idle for five minutes or more, Teams will automatically change your status from Available to Away.

Besides, you can update your status from the command box at the top of Teams. Type /away, /busy, /dnd, or /available to set your status as Away, Busy, Do not disturb, or Available. If the issue persists, could you please provide a screenshot of the issue?

Regards,

Carlos

-------------------------------------------------
If you feel a reply works for you, please kindly vote or mark it as it will be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

16 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Daily,

Please let me know if there is any updates.

Thanks,

Carlos

If you feel a reply works for you, please kindly vote or mark it as it will be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Carlos,

Thanks for your reply! 

I'm not sure why, but Teams corrected my status to "Available" a couple hours after I posted this message, even though I didn't do anything different. 

Thanks,

Daily

7 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

It's based on your Outlook calendar.  If you have appointments on your calendar set to an outside location, teams will show you as "Out of Office."

161 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

This issue is happening again and I can't figure it out. 

I had a business trip Monday through Thursday. I have heard that this issue is caused when you have an out of office event in Calendars, so I made sure to delete any events that would show that I am out of office, and then I restarted Teams to avoid this issue.

On Monday and Wednesday, Teams kept my status as "available" but on Tuesday and Thursday, it changed to "Out of Office." I made sure that I have no out of office events in my calendar, my Skype and Outlook statuses are "Available," and I have tried manually changing my status to Available in Teams both by clicking on my status and by typing in the command. 

This issue has been occurring for at least 2 months now, and because I'm subscribed to this issue I can see that I am not the only person experiencing this. When can we expect a fix? This is obviously a bug of some kind. 

61 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Daily,

Sorry for any inconvenience it may cause. Some users encountered the same issue and they shared a solution. Since you mentioned that you made sure you have no out of office events in your calendar, please go to OWA(Outlook Web App), click the gear button> choose "Mail"> Mail> Automatic processing> Automatic replies> tick "Don't send automatic replies" to turn off out of office setting.

If the issue persists, please check if there is any invitation mentioned "out of office", then remove it and check if it works. This may take some time. Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,

Carlos

25 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Acted like it accepted the command.  Said it accepted the command.

Still stuck in  out of office status.

21 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Acted like it accepted the command.  Said it accepted the command.

Still stuck in  out of office status.

I had an end-user reporting this same issue.  I found that he had three ALL DAY meetings on his calendar for today.  These were actually meetings that others sent to his calendar to let him know of their PTO/being off that day.  Check the end-users Outlook for all-day events, (usually listed at the top of the calendar above the rest of the meetings/appointments that have dedicated times), and if you can remove them with user's permission...hopefully that does it.  It took about 20 minutes for Teams to show as "Available" and I processed a reboot of his machine as well during that 20 minutes for something else we were doing on his workstation.

Good luck!

45 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am having the same problem. I figured out, after reading all of the replies, that it was probably because I'd accepted an out of office meeting from my boss that looked like it was only half an hour in the morning (convenient way to remind each other of status) but turned out he'd accidentally checked all day. Once I figured it out, I rejected the meeting and hoped I would be able to set myself to active again but no luck.

Quite honestly, this "feature" is the absolute worst. It's one thing to trigger a status if I'm inactive or even look at my calendar and try to figure out an appropriate status for me...ONCE A DAY. But if I am changing my status to Active and it insists I don't know what I'm doing...this "feature" becomes a bug. 

116 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi All,

The Unified Presence Service will update Teams OOF based on Automatic Replies OOF or Calendar appointments set to show status as OOF. In this situation, you can filter client query to search for OOF, then remove these calendar items. 

And the Unified Presence Service (UPS) polls Exchange every hour. If you have removed related calendar items, you need to wait for some time and check the issue again. Your time is appreciated. 

If you still have a similar issue, please post a new thread in our forum. Our related engineers will help you with your issue. And if you have some suggestions or great ideas, you are welcome to give feedback via Microsoft Teams Uservoice. Thanks for your understanding. 

Regards,

Carlos

19 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 25, 2024 Views 304,553 Applies to: