Microsoft respects your privacy pop up is still popping up after changing privacy settings.

I think there may be a glitch with Microsoft. I use Windows 11. I have followed the suggestions around unticking boxes in the Privacy settings. I have re-started the computer numerous times and now I am absolutely frustrated. The pop ups remain.

When I go to my Privacy settings now, it simply says "you will need to restart to update these changes". I have! Still does not work.

I simply want to use the office apps without this headache. What is the problem Microsoft.

Hello Vicki G! I am Gunasekar and I am happy to help you with your question. I understand that you are having problems with the pop-up that says "Microsoft respects your privacy". 1. Are you still facing the problem after clicking on the 'Continue' option on the screen? - Change your system screen resolution, and select Continue. If the issue persists, you can try the basic troubleshooting steps and check the result. 1. Clear Outlook Cache files. a. Click Windows + R key, type %localappdata%\Microsoft\Outlook Click Enter. b. Double-click the RoamCache folder and delete all cache files in the folder. Restart the computer and check the result. 2. If the problem persists, update the Office apps. one. Open all Office apps, > click File > accounts. b. Select Update Options > click Update Now. 3. If that doesn't work, repair Office applications. one. Click start and go to settings. b. Click Apps. c. Search Microsoft 365 in the lists. d. Click the ellipsis and select Manage. e. Select Online Repair. Once the repair is complete, restart the computer and open Office applications. Here's the related discussion thread for your reference: https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/7b88ec1f-c63a-44d5-9005-c1d57e01aafe I hope this information helps. If you have any questions, let me know and I'll be happy to help. Best regards, Gunasekar N

AI: Artificial Intelligence or Automated Idiocy???

“You are serving a customer, not a life sentence.Learn how to enjoy your work”-LaurieMcIntosh

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Gunasekar5034

I really appreciate your help. I did try several of your methods to get rid of this "pop up" without success. On further investigation I wonder if the reason is that I have more than one Microsoft account.

However, the one I have on Outlook is a Microsoft account that doesn't have Microsoft 365.

Now, I'm stuck. The options are to sign out of my current 365 account and set a new one up with my email preference - which is the one I have on my Outlook account.

I'm a little frightened to commit to anything in case it really messes things up.

thank you so much if you could offer further advice.

Regards,

Vicki

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Vicki, I was hoping to know if signing out and then back on with a new account has cured the problem? Thanks!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I tried all of these and they did not help. Note that I have Windows 10 and Office 2019. If the problem is up on your server, please fix ASAP, This is really irritating!

Hello Vicki G! I am Gunasekar and I am happy to help you with your question. I understand that you are having problems with the pop-up that says "Microsoft respects your privacy". 1. Are you still facing the problem after clicking on the 'Continue' option on the screen? - Change your system screen resolution, and select Continue. If the issue persists, you can try the basic troubleshooting steps and check the result. 1. Clear Outlook Cache files. a. Click Windows + R key, type %localappdata%\Microsoft\Outlook Click Enter. b. Double-click the RoamCache folder and delete all cache files in the folder. Restart the computer and check the result. 2. If the problem persists, update the Office apps. one. Open all Office apps, > click File > accounts. b. Select Update Options > click Update Now. 3. If that doesn't work, repair Office applications. one. Click start and go to settings. b. Click Apps. c. Search Microsoft 365 in the lists. d. Click the ellipsis and select Manage. e. Select Online Repair. Once the repair is complete, restart the computer and open Office applications. Here's the related discussion thread for your reference: https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/7b88ec1f-c63a-44d5-9005-c1d57e01aafe I hope this information helps. If you have any questions, let me know and I'll be happy to help. Best regards, Gunasekar N

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am having the same problem. None of this works.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I tried everything posted online without success until I tried this:

Thanks to DaisyWorld28!

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated February 20, 2024 Views 1,359 Applies to: