Error code 0x8004de8a in one drive

Okay, I currently have a problem with OneDrive.

Itried to login to my work account (.....@msoffice365.site) many times but only to get the error code 0x8004de8a.

Things I've tried:

- Adding my work account in Access work or school in Settings.

- Disconnect my personal OneDrive account and log in with my work account.

- Type only my work account name without @msoffice365.site in OneDrive sign in window.

Please, can anyone help me fix this? Thank you.

Answer
Answer

Hi TDavidS,

Error code 0x8004de8a indicates that there is a problem with your OneDrive account, including a missing account, or a mismatch if you sign in with a personal Microsoft account and a work or school account. You will find more information is this article.

Per your description, this error code only pop out when you try to login in OneDrive with your Work/School account. And you can use your personal OneDrive without problem.

Given the situation, I would suggest you resetting your OneDrive sync client, please follow the steps below:

1.Quit your OneDrive sync client.

2.Press Windows key + X and select Command Prompt (Run as Administrator).

3.Type the following command: %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe /reset, hit Enter.

4.Open your OneDrive sync client and login in with your Work/School account and see the outcome.

Since it also could be caused by accounts "mismatch". I would like to share this thread with you:

Error Code OneDrive 0x8004de85

A user figure it out himself and share his method in this thread. Hope this could help you too.

Meanwhile, to help us narrow down the issue, please provide us with the following information:

1.Log in Office Portal with your Work/School account and see if you can access OneDrive for Business Website.

2.When did this issue happen? Could you recall any changes you have made before this error code occur?

Regards,

Alex Chen

* Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here.
* Once complete conversation about this topic, kindly Mark and Vote any replies to benefit others reading this thread.

7 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 31, 2024 Views 15,008 Applies to: