Constantly receive the message error "This Exchange account cannot be added. Note that Outlook can only connect to mailboxes on Exchange Server 2010 SP2 or later."

Hello:

I am using Outlook 2015 for work and keep receiving the message error when adding the account, as follows:

"This Exchange account cannot be added. Note that Outlook can only connect to mailboxes on Exchange Server 2010 SP2 or later." 

Please guide me how to fix this. I've used a couple of solutions suggested through the Microsoft community (like click to Advanced and choose connect to ssl, etc.) but seem the problems never go away. 

Thank you for your support.

Elisa

Answer
Answer

Hi Elisa,

Thank you for the post.

First of all, for this error message, you need to check if your DNS autodiscover record is configured correctly for your account, otherwise, your account cannot be added no matter further troubleshooting steps you have did.

If you DNS is not hosed by the Office365, you need manually configured like this:

If you have confirmed your dns recorder is right, for the outlook for mac, you could try this:

Go to Preferences and select “Notifications & Sounds”

Press “Reset Alerts”

Restart your outlook and try again.

If your issue still persists, since we have more dedicated team which specialize for the outlook for mac, we recommend you could click help> contact support and you surely will get support from the engineer there.

Thank you for you cooperation.

Kind Regards,

George

------------------------
* Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here.

* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps please, as it will be beneficial to more Community members reading here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 6, 2023 Views 151 Applies to: