fbl_impressive Professional 10130 - Error 0x80246017/start up service missing or is corrupt

• fbl_impressive Professional 10130 - Error 0x80246017

While I had no problem installing windows 10 pro insider preview. I get this message on my PC so it will not let me update,besides, start up prongrams/apps are missing. Does anyone have a work around? So far I have run deep disk clean removing and even unstalling and re installing the build up 10074 OS.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi Henry,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

It is unfortunate that you are unable to update and I will be happy to answer your query. As Windows 10 Technical Preview is still in developmental stage, you may expect some compatibility issues as of now and some features or settings might not work as expected.

Since it is a new Build and issues may be reported, as of now, I would suggest you to restore the computer to previous build and re-do the installation afresh. To do so:

Type Settings in search bar, click Settings, Update and Security, Recovery, Go back to earlier build (you can also perform Refresh your PC without affecting your files)

Important: Apps you installed from websites and DVDs will be removed. Apps that came with your PC and apps you installed from the Windows Store will be reinstalled. Windows puts a list of removed apps on your desktop after refreshing your PC.

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

no me deja descargarlo ......... me da este error gracias

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Mari,

Thank you for posting your query. However, I would suggest you to post your query in Spanish language forum so audience can revert with the answer in the same language.

Kindly click on the globe icon at the bottom of the page and select the language.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm having the same problem.  However, I have no trust in Niranjan's suggestion as a solution.  There's no assurance that this will solve the issue and could result in a lot of effort that doesn't resolve anything.  Microsoft should have a professional approach to addressing issues rather than, what is essentially a "have you tried switching it off and on again" techno nonsense.  I'll wait until Microsoft have got their act together. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Steve,

Thank you for update.

Since Windows 10 IP is going through testing and each Build is launched after fixing issues from the previous to ensure smooth operation of Windows 10 final version. However, I recommend you to leave your findings, comments and feedback related to this product using the “Feedback app”. Members of the Windows Insider Program can provide feedback about the Tech Preview directly to our engineers by using the Windows Feedback app.

Refer to this article by “Nirmal S” to know more on “How to share feedback on Windows 10 Technical Preview?” : http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_tp-winipp/how-to-share-feedback-on-windows-10-technical/5e501781-a580-43e3-8926-40ae19343805

Keep posting on the forum.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Same problem for me.

Portable PC Pavillon dv6 2120el, now running the 10074 OS, that has a lot of problems here (not in another PC).

The Start menu doesn't open (so, I cannot access the Windows Feedback) as well as the Search menu (or the search bar). Moreover, whenever I enable and after I touch the touchpad, the BSOD appears. I disabled the touchpad to work with this PC.

I cannot update either to 10130 (while on the other PC i'm running the 10127).

Resetting the PC didn't work, it stops immediately before downloading the upgrade.

Is there a work around downloading the upgrade separately?

Thanks

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

This does not work for me Niranjan, I have the Build 10074

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am experiencing the same error:

• fbl_impressive Professional 10130 - Error 0x80246017

I am using the HP Spectre that was given to me by Microsoft at BUILD 2015. I currently am running build 10074

Please let me know when there is a solution

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

have a DELL INSPIRON 9400 Core 2 Duo x64 based processor

tried to upgrade to Buid 10133 and I recived the message "fbl_impressive Professional 10130 - Error 0x80246017".

I  reinstalled a clean copy of Build 10122 'fbl_impressive Professional 10122' using RECOVERY >RESET this PC (removed all files and reinstalls Windows) .

Took ages and now I only have the clean operating system, Somehow Windows has installed 32-bit Operating System. 

I tried to updated to Build 10133 and again I recieved the same message : "fbl_impressive Professional 10130 - Error 0x80246017".

I also have a DELL DIMENSION 9200  and has no problems with the Professional 10130 Build, it has installed correctly. In this one has installed the 64-bit Operating System.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi all,

I would suggest you to refer to the suggestions provided by Geethu B in the following thread and check if it helps:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_install/error-0x80246017-in-windows-10-preview-build-9926/58e84dac-1d3d-4e6b-862e-20134035a02b

Let us know the results and we’ll be glad to help.

Rohit S

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated February 2, 2021 Views 4,013 Applies to: