Lost 2 months edits in my OneNote notebook

After reinstalling my Win11 PC, and after restoring my documents from OneDrive, my OneNote notebook has lost all edits, I have made in the notebook in the past 2 months. Can I restore the lost edits?

I use OneNote for Win10. My notebook is online based, and the file on disk is a web link. No backups can be found on the computer after the reinstall process :-(

Thanks in advance. Niels, Denmark

Svar
Svar

You're welcome! I'm glad that my previous response was helpful in understanding what to do next. It's great to hear that you've found a solution by changing the app version, manually restoring essential notes, and setting up future backups to an OneDrive folder. It's always a good idea to have regular backups of your important data to prevent data loss. It's understandable that you thought all your data was backed up by OneDrive, but unfortunately, OneNote for Windows 10 does not produce local backups and only places web links locally. Switching to the most recent app version, just called "OneNote," which includes better functionality and backup options, is a good decision. Adeyermi

1 person syntes, at dette svar var nyttigt

·

Var dette svar nyttigt?

Vi er kede af, at dette ikke hjalp.

Godt! Tak for din feedback.

Hvor tilfreds er du med dette svar?

Tak for din feedback – den hjælper os med at forbedre webstedet.

Hvor tilfreds er du med dette svar?

Tak for din feedback.

Spørgsmålsinfo

Senest opdateret februar 10, 2024 Visninger 29 Gælder for: