DIFxDriverPackageInstall Error = 1006 when installing driver Brother DCP-1510 (Windows Vista 32bit)

Dear reader,

First of all, I'm a home user (only user) of a DELL XPS M1530 with a Windows Vista 32bit OS.

The problem I encounter is that I cannot manage to install the drivers for the multifunctional DCP-1510 machine from Brother, both using the CD-ROM drivers as well as (the latest) one from the solution.brother.com website (link provide by Brother customer service).
It didn't install anything, i.e. there isn't even a Brother folder made in the program files.

Initially it gave the error = 2, after which I tried solving the problem with the Windows Installer Service (the item was not listed) and it didn't help. Now the error changed to = 1006.
Then I tried a clean boot in windows and install the driver yet this didn't change a thing.
Then I tried to switch of UAC (or UCA?), reboot en try installing it again. Also without any result.
Finally I have used the un-installer from Brother and tried to reinstall the driver. Now the error changed back to = 2 

I've seen many similar issues and answers on the web yet mainly for windows 8 resp. 8.1. Will you please provide me with a solution for Vista 32bit?

Note: My operation system works in Dutch, therefore some English searching terms in Windows do not respond. Please keep this in mind when describing any steps to undertake.

Many thanks in advance!
Antwoord
Antwoord

Als SFC fouten heeft gevonden, probeer dan eerst nog het volgende:

• voer een schijfcontrole uit met beide opties aangevinkt. Ik raad aan om eerst een reservekopie te maken alvorens deze stap te doen. Let op dat je deze controle niet kan onderbreken en dat deze mogelijk 1 uur of langer duurt
  • installeer daarna de "System Update Readiness" tool. Dit is een programma dat systeemcomponenten controleert en indien nodig, herstelt.
  • herstart Windows en voer dan nog een keer SFC /SCANNOW uit.

Probeer daarna nogmaals de Brother printer te installeren. Mocht dit nog altijd fouten geven, dan zal een nieuwe installatie nodig zijn.

Was dit antwoord nuttig?

Helaas heeft dit niet geholpen.

Prima! Hartelijk dank voor uw feedback.

Hoe tevreden bent u met dit antwoord?

Hartelijk dank voor uw feedback. Daarmee kunnen we de site verbeteren.

Hoe tevreden bent u met dit antwoord?

Hartelijk dank voor uw feedback.

Vraaggegevens

Laatst bijgewerkt 31 januari 2021 Weergaven 673 Van toepassing op: