Disappear of Dell Dock ( icon internet explorer, recyclebin, security, internet, help & support, etc.) from Desktop when updation of windows7.

hi
i m using windows 7, i faced a problem of disappear of Dell Dock ( icon recycle bin, internet, etc.) from the desktop when window 7 was updating and system asked me to update it then system was restart automaticaly.
After restart Dell Dock disappeared from desktop.
again i open it from start menu. but when i restart my laptop, it was not come autometicaly on desktop.
please help me i m very new about laptop & window 7.
Answer
Answer

Hi Naveen30,

This issue can occur if the Dell Dock executable file is either not there in startup list or else it is disabled.

As a first step check whether the computer is in Normal Startup mode.

Boot into Safe mode and try this step.

Method 1: Safe mode is a troubleshooting option for Windows that starts your computer in a limited state. Only the basic files and drivers necessary to run Windows are started. The words Safe Mode appear in the corners of your monitor to identify which Windows mode you're using.

1.    Restart your computer. Click the Start button, click the arrow next to the Shut Down button, and then click Restart.

2.    Do one of the following:

·         If your computer has a single operating system installed, press and hold the F8 key as your computer restarts. You need to press F8 before the Windows logo appears. If the Windows logo appears, you'll need to try again by waiting until the Windows logon prompt appears, and then shutting down and restarting your computer.

·         If your computer has more than one operating system, use the arrow keys to highlight the operating system you want to start in safe mode, and then press F8.

3.    On the Advanced Boot Options screen, use the arrow keys to highlight the safe mode option you want, and then press Enter.

4.    Log on to your computer with a user account that has administrator rights.

When your computer is in safe mode, you'll see the words Safe Mode in the corners of your monitor. To exit safe mode, restart your computer and let Windows start normally.

To know more information on how to boot into Safe mode visit the following link:

Start your computer in safe mode

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Start-your-computer-in-safe-mode

Follow these steps to reset the computer to start as usual(Normal Startup mode).

a. Click Start, type msconfig.exe in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type your password, or click Continue.
b. On the General tab, click the Normal Startup option, and then click OK.
c. When you are prompted to restart the computer, click Restart.

If the above method does not help, follow this method.

Method 2: To add dell dock executable file in the startup folder follow this step:

Programs or shortcuts placed in the Startup folder will run whenever Windows starts.

1.Click the Start button, click All Programs, right-click the Startup folder, and then click Open.

2.Open the location that contains the item you want to create a shortcut to(Dell Dock.exe file).

3.Right-click the item, and then click Create Shortcut. The new shortcut appears in the same location as the original item.

4.Drag the shortcut into the Startup folder.

The next time you start Windows, the program will run automatically and you will be able to view the Dell Dock again.

If the above methods do not help, contact the manufacturer for further assistance.

Regards,

Divya R – Microsoft Support.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 18, 2019 Views 9,407 Applies to: