Error 1935 HRESULT 0x8007054F, on Windows 7, when attempting to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Setup.

Getting the error below when trying to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Setup on my new Windows 7 laptop.  Have been trolling support sites and forums for hours with no luck.  Most info seems to pertain to Vista or previous versions.  The few posts I've found that are Windows 7 relevant suggest un/reinstalling the .NET framework...but no such framework is visible in add/remove programs or anywhere else that I can find.  Any thoughts?  Just got a brand new laptop and I'm eager to really dive into it...but not with this weird error unresolved. 

Full error text:

Error 1935.An error occurred during the installation of assembly 'Microsoft.VC90.ATL,version="9.0.30729.1",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",
processorArchitecture="amd64",type="win32"'. Please refer to Help and Support for more information. HRESULT: 0x8007054F.

Answer
Answer

Please see the following thread for a possible solution:

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7programs/thread/6cb25b30-f2ab-4e86-81c4-5c9b4c891c7d

Teching It Easy: With Windows |ActiveWin |Notebooks | Microsoft MVP
Best,
Andre
twitter/adacosta
groovypost.com

15 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated January 29, 2024 Views 21,677 Applies to: