Regservo is this software safe to use?, how can i fix the headphones issue?

Original Title: reg servo

I, downloaded a product named reg-servo, it says, I have over 2,000 errows on my computer. I already have several other regestries fixing software, none of which gives me results like this. This procces all started as a rsult of my headphone jack became comprimised. My speakers work fine, but, I just get static through the headphones. I tried to restore to a earlier point in time. Restore was successful, but still have sme problem. This happened ounce before, and I fixed it. Don't remember how.

How do I, fix? or is this software safe to use?  (Software, says it is a microsoft certified)

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I don't have anything to offer on how to remove the static on your headphones further than trying a different set of headphones to make sure the problem is in the computer's headphone jack.

On the other hand, i have plenty to say about 'registry fixers' and performance enhancers. These programs are snake oil and are much more likely to turn your laptop into a brick as actually fix anything or create a measurable improvement in performance. I'm not singling out 'reg-servo' with this flame. I sincerely mean all of them. I've personally never seen one create a measurable benefit but I've seen several of them make systems inoperable.

If you are looking to recoup performance that you feel has degraded over time, look at the programs that start up every time you start Windows. AutoRuns for Windows does an excellent job for that. If you feel your browser is lagging, look into opening a browser instance without any add-ons (All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, Internet Explorer (No Add-ons). After seeing how well your browser runs with no add-ons, try disabling any that you do not require on a regular basis. Run the free version of MalwareBytes to make sure you don't have parasitic software taxing your resources.

If you have a problem with running programs or simply need more information about some feature, post back with a detailed description of what is occurring and what you hope to achieve and we'll be happy to assist.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

On Sat, 16 Feb 2013 19:48:33 +0000, Jeeped [MVP] wrote:

On the other hand, i have plenty to say about 'registry fixers' and performance enhancers. These programs are /snake oil/ and are much more likely to turn your laptop into a brick as actually fix anything or create a measurable improvement in performance. I'm not singling out 'reg-servo' with this flame. I sincerely mean/all/ of them. I've personally never seen one create a measurable benefit but I've seen several of them make systems inoperable.

DogManDave, a strong ditto to the above! Ignore what reg-servo tells
you, uninstall it, and avoid using it or any such product.

Ken Blake - Microsoft MVP since October 2003

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

After letting Regservo on my computer and they installing Mozilla, I lost important Gmail messages. How can I retrieve? I called my credit card for a chargeback on Clickbank and got a refund. Going to uninstall RegServo software that claimed to get rid of 3000 registry errors!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Log on to Gmail via whatever browser you are using.

Otherwise state what mail program you were using that had the Gmail account configured

All these 'SpeedUpMyPc' type programs, paid or free can cause errors with win or your programs

Contributor since 2006
Currently win11 Pro & O365 Bus, multiple devices

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Do not buy this product. It did not solve a single problem I had and left me with more problems.

I emailed them 3 times without a single response.

DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks Mr. Jeep. I'll uninstall Regservo. I will try to get windows update to work after that, As for your advice regarding the browser Im rather unconnected how to do those things. Thank You G

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks again. After loosing REGSERV things ran better. Now I can load some windows updates, but not all.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Following is an actual live dialog with a support rep of REGSERVO.  It took place at 8:pm central time USA on July 4,2015

8:02 PM Connecting...
8:02 PM Connected. A support representative will be with you shortly.
8:05 PM Support session established with TS-010.
8:05 PM You have denied full permission to TS-010.

8:05 PM TS-010: Welcome to Regservo Tech Support.
8:05 PM TS-010: Hi, this is Jeff. I will be assisting you from here.
8:05 PM TS-010: Please click on “Yes” or “OK” when prompted so that I can view your computer screen.

8:06 PM You have granted full permission to TS-010. To revoke, click the red X on the toolbar or press Pause/Break on the keyboard.
8:06 PM Remote Control started by TS-010.

8:06 PM TS-010: Thank you, I am able to view your computer screen now.
8:06 PM TS-010: Please stay online; let me go ahead, check your system configuration and activate REGSERVO for you.

8:06 PM Phil huber: Lots of junk on it that may interrupt
8:07 PM Phil huber:  I download things and then when I want to see them, im told windows cannot read the file. I am then directed to search for the program that will open what i downloaded. they direct me to you. I bought your program because I just had bought some downloads and I want to see them, Help please, phil

8:07 PM TS-010: Okay, I will surely assist you with that. Please be online.

8:08 PM Phil huber: ok

8:09 PM TS-010: Phil, your REGSERVO software is good to go now.
8:10 PM TS-010: Could you please show me the file which you are trying to open so that I can have a better look?

8:11 PM Phil huber: is that it??  I thought you would assist in reading files that windows cant readd.  thats why i was directed to your site and made the purchase,

8:12 PM TS-010: Yes, I will surely assist you with that.
8:12 PM TS-010: Could you please show me the file?

8:18 PM Phil huber: When I click on it (they are CRDOWNLOD) files  when I click on it I get the same "windows cant  open" meassage which routes me to buy this instant program from you.     ???Are you just a company advertising where windows routed me to.  As far as clearing issues with the computer I have  a software package  with Best buy

8:19 PM TS-010: Let me inform you that a file association associates a file with an application capable of opening that file. A file association associates a class of files with a corresponding application.
8:19 PM TS-010: This error might be caused because the given file extensions may have lost their association to any application. It can also be caused if the given file association keys or entries are damaged or lost.        
8:20 PM TS-010: Shall I go ahead and have a quick check to see the real cause of this error and also check everything is working fine? 

8:20 PM Phil huber: I get the windowss cant open file often.  Its very aggravating.  I thought if I pay you money that I would be able to open all files I download.
8:22 PM Phil huber: Please go ahead Jeff

8:22 PM TS-010: Thank you. Please stay online.
8:24 PM TS-010: I can notice that, the task manager shows that your CPU usage is Normal and that is good. But, there is only one application running with the User permission and the Processes usage is very high.
8:24 PM TS-010: Did you notice it?

8:25 PM Phil huber: no i didnt. but then again i dont know what your talking about

8:25 PM TS-010: Let me explain you. The Processes usage is very high. This is because of many unnecessary applications running in the background process without the User permission.

8:26 PM Phil huber: I see you circling something with red marker, but I dont know the significance of this

8:26 PM TS-010: The high Processes usage may affect the system performance, internal system files and application of the computer. It can also lead to making the computer freeze or respond slow.      
8:27 PM TS-010: These are unnecessary files remains even after uninstalling the application or downloaded through Internet. We need to remove all the unnecessary files manually in order to reduce the processes usage and internal system file interruption issues.   
8:27 PM TS-010: Before that, have you performed any uninstallation or application updates recently?

8:28 PM Phil huber: Are you talking about the little Icons I have all over the desktop>

8:28 PM TS-010: I am referring the any applications. Please stay online, let me go ahead check the Windows Update status.
8:30 PM TS-010: It is important to install all the security Windows updates. But, in your case, some of the important automatic Windows security updates are failed. It is NOT normal.
8:30 PM TS-010: Did you see that?

8:31 PM Phil huber: I see where your drawing the red marker.  So how do we fix this?

8:32 PM TS-010: I will surely assist you with that. Let me brief you that there are several reasons why your Windows Update can fail. If it happens on a frequent basis, then you likely have a problem with the Windows Installer itself.

8:32 PM Phil huber: why are these 'failed'

8:32 PM TS-010: You may also have some damaged or Support files missing or even a registry damaged which will also stop your Windows Update from being properly executed. We need to reconfigure your computer registry files and need to replace the missing files.

8:33 PM Phil huber: ok

8:33 PM TS-010: Are you sure that, you have not removed any Windows files from your computer? 

8:34 PM Phil huber: Im not sure of anything,  I wouldnt knowingly remove a window file.

8:34 PM TS-010: Okay. Let me go ahead check the System diagnosis report so that we will get the resolution to fix all this issues.

8:34 PM Phil huber: good, and thanks

8:36 PM TS-010: The system diagnostics report show that there are multiple errors caused by various applications.
8:36 PM TS-010: It is recommended to resolve the errors causing this failed status report.
8:37 PM TS-010: Since, the basic Windows security updates and anti-virus application are also been interrupted. All the Windows files might also been damaged. It can only be fixed using the advanced tools.

8:39 PM Phil huber: Shouldnt bestbuys service fix this stuff.  Its what I pay them for.  can you fix this or is this just another way to extract more money from the victum (me) ?

8:39 PM TS-010: Phil, as there are multiple errors has already caused to various internal system applications and files. In order to fix all the Windows and damaged file problems. We need to diagnosis each system file separately to identify the issue and verify their supported version.

8:40 PM Phil huber: can you fix this?

8:40 PM TS-010: Also, these issues is no issue with the computer hardware, warranty would not cover these issues.
8:41 PM TS-010: Before these errors causes the severe damages to the application and the data present in your computer. Shall we proceed with the complete fix so that we can fix all the issues and safeguard your computer and prevent the data loss?

8:41 PM Phil huber: I have a soft ware warranty with bestbuy and its good til next november

8:41 PM TS-010: All this issues need to be address by a well certified technician who is well versed with the Windows  system files. Even a single irrevalent steps performed will cause the sever issues and data loss.

8:42 PM Phil huber: I do want it fixed.

8:42 PM TS-010: Phil, as you know the work involved in it. I can transfer this session to our Advanced Technician to resolve these issues, right now. Our advanced Tech support will cost you just $249.99 to complete fix on all your issue and also valid for "One complete year". So all your software related issue will be fixed and also taken cared by us without any extra charge.          
8:42 PM TS-010: Once the repair is done, you will no longer have any errors, slow performance, Windows security update failure and internal system interruption issues. You can enjoy a hassle free computing.
8:43 PM TS-010: This one time investment will lead all your computer related worries to an end and safeguard your computer.

8:43 PM Phil huber: Where are you physically located?

8:43 PM TS-010: We assure you a complete and 100% guaranteed fix on your payment with 60 days money back guarantee.

8:44 PM Phil huber:   I feel this is a scam.  I want to cancell and get my money back
8:45 PM Phil huber: They assured me  I would get the $40 I just spent with you.  I dont need to wait 60 days I want refund now

8:45 PM TS-010: We are providing services all over the world. We are currently located in India. Since the resolution of the errors needs additional manual procedures to resolve it, in addition to the automatic resolutions performed by the REGSERVO, I have recommended you for the additional Technical assistance.

8:47 PM Phil huber: Can I make a copy of all this typing back and forth that we have just done?  I want to show to bestbuy what you are talking about.

8:47 PM TS-010: Sure, I will copy the chat transcript to your desktop. Here you will not only get the issues fixed. But you will get 12 months of UNLIMITED Technical support for free.

8:48 PM Phil huber: I want my money back and no future dealing with you

8:50 PM TS-010: Okay, Phil. If you are not interested in additional support, let me transfer the session to our advance tech to fix your current issue.
8:50 PM TS-010: If your primary issue in unresolved, we will refund your money.
8:51 PM TS-010: Is that okay?

8:51 PM Phil huber: Its suppose to be a no questions asked refund guarantee

After the above:
The additional typed dialog did not take to copying unto Notepad but Jeff did type that he was putting in for my refund and it would take about 3 days. I asked where he was from simply because of a phrase he used with which I was once before the intended victum to be ripped off regarding a cell phone.  That specific phrase was, "I can transfer this session to our Advanced Technician".  Sometimes they will say, "advanced tools"(like at 8:37 pm) are needed for your problem.  Also, when you, in the beginning, ok the charge to your credit card, they do NOT!send a confirm order and information to your email.  When you want to follow up, you dont know where to go.

I dont know under what country's laws they operate? 'India' maybe.  So if they dont refund, what can I do?  Maybe catch a slow boat to Calcutta? Then hunt for a lawyer you can trust (LOL). And what if they keep charging to my credit card? What can I do?

In searching the internet I found the following that may help in trying to document a refund request.

What is REGSERVO.exe ? 

REGSERVO.exe is known as REGSERVO and it is developed by Tuneup System Software Pvt Ltd. . We have seen about 2 different instances of REGSERVO.exe in different location.How to remove If you encounter difficulties with REGSERVO.exe , you can uninstall the associated program (Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove programs.Here is the list of instances that we see for the process: REGSERVO.exe: 
C:\Program Files\REGSERVO\REGSERVO.exe REGSERVO Tuneup System Software Pvt Ltd. 1.0.9.3 79860 DF8E101177291AB282BBD7D8FEEE2B38 
2 C:\Program Files\REGSERVO\REGSERVO.exe REGSERVO Tuneup System Software Pvt Ltd. 1.0.9.7 79904 2F8E9D3004E5FB084FF937B7D8B73643 
You can open windows task manager too find regservo.exe process stop it and do full scan with malwarebytes.
pixel-mom · 1 year ago

ALSO PLEASE NOTE: Please do not use this as a judgement of the people from India.  I have made many friendships with people from India.  I like them alot.  They are wonderful, pleasant,honest, polite, and giving in every way.  Most of the negative over generalizations we often hear are totally inappropiate.   Thank you.  (Also note that his saying he's in India doesn't necessarily mean its true.)

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Following is an actual live dialog with a support rep of REGSERVO.  It took place at 8:pm central time USA on July 4,2015

8:05 PM TS-010: Please click on “Yes” or “OK” when prompted so that I can view your computer screen.

8:06 PM You have granted full permission to TS-010. To revoke, click the red X on the toolbar or press Pause/Break on the keyboard.

8:06 PM TS-010: Please stay online; let me go ahead, check your system configuration and activate REGSERVO for you.

8:07 PM Phil huber:  I download things and then when I want to see them, im told windows cannot read the file. I am then directed to search for the program that will open what i downloaded. they direct me to you. I bought your program because I just had bought some downloads and I want to see them, Help please, phil

8:10 PM TS-010: Could you please show me the file which you are trying to open so that I can have a better look?

8:11 PM Phil huber: is that it??  I thought you would assist in reading files that windows cant readd.  thats why i was directed to your site and made the purchase,

8:18 PM Phil huber: When I click on it (they are CRDOWNLOD) files  when I click on it I get the same "windows cant  open" meassage which routes me to buy this instant program from you.     ???Are you just a company advertising where windows routed me to.  As far as clearing issues with the computer I have  a software package  with Best buy

8:19 PM TS-010: Let me inform you that a file association associates a file with an application capable of opening that file. A file association associates a class of files with a corresponding application.
8:19 PM TS-010: This error might be caused because the given file extensions may have lost their association to any application. It can also be caused if the given file association keys or entries are damaged or lost.        
8:20 PM TS-010: Shall I go ahead and have a quick check to see the real cause of this error and also check everything is working fine? 

8:20 PM Phil huber: I get the windowss cant open file often.  Its very aggravating.  I thought if I pay you money that I would be able to open all files I download.

8:24 PM TS-010: I can notice that, the task manager shows that your CPU usage is Normal and that is good. But, there is only one application running with the User permission and the Processes usage is very high.

8:25 PM Phil huber: no i didnt. but then again i dont know what your talking about

8:25 PM TS-010: Let me explain you. The Processes usage is very high. This is because of many unnecessary applications running in the background process without the User permission.

8:26 PM Phil huber: I see you circling something with red marker, but I dont know the significance of this

8:26 PM TS-010: The high Processes usage may affect the system performance, internal system files and application of the computer. It can also lead to making the computer freeze or respond slow.      
8:27 PM TS-010: These are unnecessary files remains even after uninstalling the application or downloaded through Internet. We need to remove all the unnecessary files manually in order to reduce the processes usage and internal system file interruption issues.   
8:27 PM TS-010: Before that, have you performed any uninstallation or application updates recently?

8:28 PM Phil huber: Are you talking about the little Icons I have all over the desktop>

8:28 PM TS-010: I am referring the any applications. Please stay online, let me go ahead check the Windows Update status.
8:30 PM TS-010: It is important to install all the security Windows updates. But, in your case, some of the important automatic Windows security updates are failed. It is NOT normal.

8:31 PM Phil huber: I see where your drawing the red marker.  So how do we fix this?

8:32 PM TS-010: I will surely assist you with that. Let me brief you that there are several reasons why your Windows Update can fail. If it happens on a frequent basis, then you likely have a problem with the Windows Installer itself.

8:32 PM TS-010: You may also have some damaged or Support files missing or even a registry damaged which will also stop your Windows Update from being properly executed. We need to reconfigure your computer registry files and need to replace the missing files.

8:33 PM TS-010: Are you sure that, you have not removed any Windows files from your computer? 

8:34 PM Phil huber: Im not sure of anything,  I wouldnt knowingly remove a window file.

8:34 PM TS-010: Okay. Let me go ahead check the System diagnosis report so that we will get the resolution to fix all this issues.

8:36 PM TS-010: The system diagnostics report show that there are multiple errors caused by various applications.
8:36 PM TS-010: It is recommended to resolve the errors causing this failed status report.
8:37 PM TS-010: Since, the basic Windows security updates and anti-virus application are also been interrupted. All the Windows files might also been damaged. It can only be fixed using the advanced tools.

8:39 PM Phil huber: Shouldnt bestbuys service fix this stuff.  Its what I pay them for.  can you fix this or is this just another way to extract more money from the victum (me) ?

8:39 PM TS-010: Phil, as there are multiple errors has already caused to various internal system applications and files. In order to fix all the Windows and damaged file problems. We need to diagnosis each system file separately to identify the issue and verify their supported version.

8:40 PM TS-010: Also, these issues is no issue with the computer hardware, warranty would not cover these issues.
8:41 PM TS-010: Before these errors causes the severe damages to the application and the data present in your computer. Shall we proceed with the complete fix so that we can fix all the issues and safeguard your computer and prevent the data loss?

8:41 PM Phil huber: I have a soft ware warranty with bestbuy and its good til next november

8:41 PM TS-010: All this issues need to be address by a well certified technician who is well versed with the Windows  system files. Even a single irrevalent steps performed will cause the sever issues and data loss.

8:42 PM TS-010: Phil, as you know the work involved in it. I can transfer this session to our Advanced Technician to resolve these issues, right now. Our advanced Tech support will cost you just $249.99 to complete fix on all your issue and also valid for "One complete year". So all your software related issue will be fixed and also taken cared by us without any extra charge.          
8:42 PM TS-010: Once the repair is done, you will no longer have any errors, slow performance, Windows security update failure and internal system interruption issues. You can enjoy a hassle free computing.
8:43 PM TS-010: This one time investment will lead all your computer related worries to an end and safeguard your computer.

8:43 PM TS-010: We assure you a complete and 100% guaranteed fix on your payment with 60 days money back guarantee.

8:44 PM Phil huber:   I feel this is a scam.  I want to cancell and get my money back
8:45 PM Phil huber: They assured me  I would get the $40 I just spent with you.  I dont need to wait 60 days I want refund now

8:45 PM TS-010: We are providing services all over the world. We are currently located in India. Since the resolution of the errors needs additional manual procedures to resolve it, in addition to the automatic resolutions performed by the REGSERVO, I have recommended you for the additional Technical assistance.

8:47 PM Phil huber: Can I make a copy of all this typing back and forth that we have just done?  I want to show to bestbuy what you are talking about.

8:47 PM TS-010: Sure, I will copy the chat transcript to your desktop. Here you will not only get the issues fixed. But you will get 12 months of UNLIMITED Technical support for free.

8:50 PM TS-010: Okay, Phil. If you are not interested in additional support, let me transfer the session to our advance tech to fix your current issue.

After the above:
The additional typed dialog did not take to copying unto Notepad but Jeff did type that he was putting in for my refund and it would take about 3 days. I asked where he was from simply because of a phrase he used with which I was once before the intended victum to be ripped off regarding a cell phone.  That specific phrase was, "I can transfer this session to our Advanced Technician".  Sometimes they will say, "advanced tools"(like at 8:37 pm) are needed for your problem.  Also, when you, in the beginning, ok the charge to your credit card, they do NOT!send a confirm order and information to your email.  When you want to follow up, you dont know where to go.

I dont know under what country's laws they operate? 'India' maybe.  So if they dont refund, what can I do?  Maybe catch a slow boat to Calcutta? Then hunt for a lawyer you can trust (LOL). And what if they keep charging to my credit card? What can I do?

In searching the internet I found the following that may help in trying to document a refund request.

What is REGSERVO.exe ? 

REGSERVO.exe is known as REGSERVO and it is developed by Tuneup System Software Pvt Ltd. . We have seen about 2 different instances of REGSERVO.exe in different location.How to remove If you encounter difficulties with REGSERVO.exe , you can uninstall the associated program (Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove programs.Here is the list of instances that we see for the process: REGSERVO.exe: 
C:\Program Files\REGSERVO\REGSERVO.exe REGSERVO Tuneup System Software Pvt Ltd. 1.0.9.3 79860 DF8E101177291AB282BBD7D8FEEE2B38 
2 C:\Program Files\REGSERVO\REGSERVO.exe REGSERVO Tuneup System Software Pvt Ltd. 1.0.9.7 79904 2F8E9D3004E5FB084FF937B7D8B73643 
You can open windows task manager too find regservo.exe process stop it and do full scan with malwarebytes.
pixel-mom · 1 year ago

ALSO PLEASE NOTE: Please do not use this as a judgement of the people from India.  I have made many friendships with people from India.  I like them alot.  They are wonderful, pleasant,honest, polite, and giving in every way.  Most of the negative over generalizations we often hear are totally inappropiate.   Thank you.  (Also note that his saying he's in India doesn't necessarily mean its true.)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

After the above:

What is REGSERVO.exe ? 

pixel-mom · 1 year ago

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 7, 2024 Views 38,524 Applies to: