5Ghz wifi network Disappearing after updating to Win10

I was running windows 7 on my gaming PC and able to access it without issue. Since upgrading to windows 10 I have made no networking hard ware changes but I can no longer find my 5ghz network. I use it to provide a noticeably stronger signal quality for online gaming.

Is it a setting in windows 10 that I have to disable for it to appear?

The NIC in my gaming rig is a TP-Link WN951N.

Answer
Answer
Hi Jeremy,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.  
We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble this has caused to you.

This issue might occur if there are no Wi-Fi network adaptor drivers installed or if they are corrupted or outdated or incompatible.

I would first go with network troubleshooter to check if that helps. if the issue persists then go with your suggestions.

Please follow these methods below, to resolve the issue:

Method 1:

Network troubleshooter:

Open the Network Adapter troubleshooter by typing   troubleshooting in the search box, and then tapping or clicking Troubleshooting. Tap or click Network and Internet, tap or click Network Adapter, and follow the instructions on your screen.  

If the issue still persists, follow the Method 2.

Method 2:

I suggest you to follow these steps below and check, if it helps. 

Release and renew IP address for your computer:

a. Press Windows key + X and select “command prompt (admin)”.
b. Type ipconfig /release and hit Enter.
c. Then type ipconfig /renew and hit Enter.
d. Type Exit and hit Enter.

Let’s try to refer to the suggestions given by Tripp Parks [MSFT] replied on September 30, 2015, to fix your issue.

Also, try to refer to the suggestions given by Arun B J replied on December 4, 2015, to fix your issue.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/wifi-does-not-show-to-5ghz-ssid-of-router/a6710a80-870d-4ab8-ae67-378822d22485

Windows Update may have updated drivers available that may be relevant to your current issue. Many times, updated drivers are listed in the "Optional" section of Windows Update. Install any pending updates on the PC to check, if that helps.

Please feel free to contact us, if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated December 7, 2022 Views 1,437 Applies to: