Wifi Does not show to 5Ghz SSID of Router

I have HP Pavilion 15-ab219TX Notebook Laptop (HP Part Code: N8L68PA). It has Realtek RTL8723BE 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter.

I have Dual Band Router as well. My Laptop connects to router on 2.4Ghz Band. However laptop does not even detect 5.GHz Band. I am wondering whether WI-FI Adapter support 5GHz Band or not?

Answer
Answer

Hi,  

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.   

You may follow the steps provided below and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1: Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet connection. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your internet.

Refer these steps:

1. Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
  2. Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
  3. Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
  4. Run the Internet Connection troubleshooter and Network Adapter troubleshooter. 

Method 2:  Download and install the latest firmware updates for the Wi-Fi adapter.

Follow these steps to un-install the drivers:

1. On the search bar type “Device Manager”
  2. On the left pane locate “Network Adapter” and expand by clicking on it
  3. Right on the “Wireless adapter” option and click “Uninstall’
  4. Download the latest Wireless network adapter driver setup file from the manufacturer’s website and install it.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 16, 2023 Views 7,792 Applies to: