How can I delete my Hotmail account without being charged the $100 service fee?

I have had a Hotmail account for almost 10 years, and during that time I experienced no problems. Ever since Hotmail switched over to Outlook, my account has been hacked twice. The second hacking happened today, and as a result I want to deactivate my Hotmail account completely. I was unable to do so online, so I tried calling the Help center. The manager at the help center that I spoke to was not helpful at all, and informed me that I would be charged a $99.99 service fee in order to deactivate my free Hotmail account. I am a student paying my way through university, and I find it completely appalling that a company as large and successful as Microsoft could expect such a ridiculous fee for a simple service.  The hacker spammed my entire contact list, including important work related contacts who will be extremely inconvenienced by the spam. It's extremely embarrassing and inconvenience and I just want the account deleted. I would appreciate any feedback or help. 

Thank you
Mikaela 
Answer
Answer
Currently, Microsoft  only provides Forum support to help our free customers.  
We believe that to best serve the needs of all our members, our support system should be universally available through forums.
There is no "live", email, chat, or "phone" support for Live.com, or Outlook.com
If you have received "paid support" for Outlook.com, you probably have been scammed.

How to delete or close Outlook.com email account permanently

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/delete-close-outlook-com-account

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Hi HeavyHemi,

We apologize for the inconvenience this matter may have caused you. I can understand your having issues with closing your Microsoft account. 

For best assistance, we would like you to post your question as a private support request. To do this, please go to this link.

This would allow one of our Microsoft Moderators to handle your concerns directly.

Note: I'll be now locking this thread. For other users who encountered the same issue, please post your concern to our private support.

Thank you!

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 10, 2023 Views 937 Applies to: