How to log out my account from my stolen Android phone?

Hello.
My Android was stolen today and my Hotmail account was open. I didn't use a browser to log in, but the predetermined application my cellphone had when I bought it. I used auto-sync, so I never wrote my password, it just opened as it was always logged on. My question is, how can I log out remotely and close that app before it is used for other purposes? I tried changing my password but it didn't work (my account was also open on my brother's laptop and after I changed my password it didn't ask me to write the new password, it just logged in normally). I could do this for my Gmail accounts, but Hotmail seems not to have any sort of solution.
Please let me know how to do it, there is very personal information I need to protect (bank passwords, etc) and even though I may delete those e-mails now they will keep appearing as caché on my lost phone allowing those who stole it to read them.
Thank you.

Original Title: Android Stolen - Hotmail Logged In     

JBZ

There is no facility in Outlook.com to remotely log out another device.  I would go to the secure online form to try and change the password but that will not log the device out.

This is the main reason why we recommend against auto log in.

The Microsoft account forum has been retired and all account related questions must now be asked online here

Select the error you need help with and fill out the requested details on the next page.  You need to be signed in with a Microsoft account to access the form.

If you are unable to access your primary account, you can use an alternate account (if you have one) or create a new one at https://signup.live.com

You can read further information about blocked accounts here

Cat herder
Windows Insider MVP
MVP-Windows and Devices for IT
http://www.zigzag3143.com/

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi JackBlackZero,

Welcome to Microsoft Community Forum. Please accept our apology for the delayed response to your concern.

Yes, ZigZag3143 response is definitely correct. In order to handle your concern individually and get the best support from a Microsoft agent, we would recommend that you post your question as a private support request.This is also because of the confidentiality of the information that we'll be asking from you.

Please go to the link provided by ZigZag3143 and select the appropriate category of your concern and click Submit.

Since we requested you to make this as a private support request, we will now be locking this thread. Your understanding is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated November 14, 2023 Views 6,738 Applies to: