Issues pasting "Keep Text Only"

Split from this thread.

A bug that I have found is the following:

I was trying to get the default to allow me to text ONLY the plain text when I hit Ctrl + V.  I could paste plain text by right-clicking and selecting it, but the default was fixed as incorporating random formatting that was not in either the source or destination files.  I set the Options under Cut, Copy and Paste to "Keep text only" first for "between documents when style definitions conflict," and then "between different documents," and then finally even "Within the same document."  Still, I would get a font reduction and blue text from nowhere when pasting from a black text size 11 PDF to a black text size 11 Word document.

The solution was found accidentally.  By checking the box next to "Show Paste Options button when content is pasted," the defaults now function properly regardless of whether I actually use or even click said Past Options Button.  This is a legitimate bug.  The function of the higher listed defaults should not be conditioned upon an unrelated default option.  This is the equivalent of not being able to flush your toilet unless your porch light is on.  And I cannot report this as a bug because the listed website is not taking any such reports.  Neither can I get my computer at a huge company with thousands of employees to change to any different version, regardless of what I can do on my home computer.

Word 2010. Great discovery - it was driving me crazy. Absolutely a bug.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Stefan Blom
Microsoft 365 Word MVP since 2005
Volunteer Moderator (Office)
MS 365, Win 11 Pro
~~~~
Please note that I do not work for Microsoft
MVP program info: https://mvp.microsoft.com/
~~~~

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2021 Views 46 Applies to: