What is the file location d.docs.live.net? How do I access the files stored there?

My skydrive has gone bonkers and a number of my documents were saved to a file location starting with d.docs.live.net.  I can't access them.  Please help!!!!

Tanya

Hello Tanya,

From the provided description, I understand that you want to know how to access files stored on d.docs.live.net.

I will assist you with this.

The specified location is the store folder of files saved on SkyDrive.

Go to the following link and sign in using your Microsoft Account (MSN, Hotmail or Live) and check if you're able to access the documents:

https://skydrive.live.com/

Hope the above information helps. Reply with the result and I'll be glad to further assist you.

Thank You.

28 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks Daniel - when I go to the Skydrive.live.com site the following error message comes up....

"Skydrive cannot connect to (My PC)".
"Fetching files on a PC running Windows 8.1 isn't supported...."

WTF!?  Microsoft sucks in the worst possible way.  I need this to be fixed ASAP so I can access my files.

Tanya

9 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Tanya,

Thank you for replying.

I know how this concerns you and will assist you with this issue.

Which browser are you working on? Is it Internet Explorer or something else?

Refer to the following thread which discusses about similar issue and see if it helps:
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/b314d459-91cb-461d-943b-213d6d055e5c/connect-skydrive-to-pc-windows-81?forum=w8itprogeneral

You may also follow Gammern's instructions posted on the following thread and verify the result:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/webapps-excel/skydrive-open-in-excel/5d08bb04-47e8-41ae-815e-ddf202ec877f

Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature.

Hope it helps. Reply with the result for further assistance.

Thank You.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I hate to say this, but I cannot emphasize how distracting and terrible this service can be. I've lost 2 very important documents due to this error and it's at a point where I may have to switch to a different cloud and device.

34 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 21, 2024 Views 32,222 Applies to: