Saving to hard drive is slow

I am using Word 365 with Windows 7 and saving a 20-page text to my hard drive is taking up to two minutes! it should be nearly instant. In my case, saving the same document to the network drive is normal (a second or two).  The automatic saves to my hard drive are also excruciatingly slow.  This is a recent problem - in other words, I've been using the same program in the same way on the same computer for quite some time with not such issue.  Any ideas?

[Moderator note: Split from the thread at http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_365hp-word/office-365-word-save-as-extremely-slow-on-windows/171479f3-212a-455b-af41-8ff16545fd02]

Hello Deena,

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble this has caused you.

As per the description provided, it seems like issue could be with the hard drive.

Please provide more information to help you better.

1) What is the size of the Word document and what is the size of free space left on the hard drive? 

2) Are you experiencing this issue
on all Word document?

3)
Does this issue occur when you try saving any other file (Excel, PowerPoint or Notepad) to your hard drive?

I look forward to your reply to assist you further.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2021 Views 159 Applies to: