Unable to print emails or Word .docx attachments from WLM

I am using Windows 7 Professional and Windows Live Mail. Having installed Office 365, I was initially able to print out all emails and all Word doc.x attachments. Suddenly I am no longer able to print out any emails and Word doc.x attachments. These start Word 2013 but cause an error message saying that it is unable to start the application and that perhaps file permissions may be the problem. Word 2013 now starts in compatibility Mode. Is this the problem and how do I edit file permisssions?

JPB

[Original title: Office 365 Home Premium]

Hello John,

1. Provide the exact error message you receive when trying to print email and documents.

2. What exactly do you  mean by when trying to print it opens Word application?

3. Does the issue of accessing application occurs only with Word or with other Office applications as well?

If the issue occurs only with Word 2013 then you may refer to the threads provided below which discusses the similar issue:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_365hp-word/new-document-in-word-2013-opens-in-compatibility/81efdc82-e2cd-4024-90dd-9d43059f9059

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2013_release-word/word-document-compatibility-mode/791439fe-92a0-41c8-8df5-b7c30b902ecc

For further queries, reply with detailed information and we are happy to assist.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for helpful answers.

The problem appears to be only with Word doc. or docx format attachments in Windows Live Mail. Pdf. jpeg. and AVG files are no problem (I haven't however tried Excel or Access files so that might be a problem too). When I try to open the attachment, WORD 2013 starts but then the following error message comes up "There was a problem sending the command to the program".

However, Word opens a page on the status bar and when I bring that up, the error message is:

"1. Word experienced an error trying to open the file.

2. Check file permissions.

3. Make sure there is sufficient memory and disk space.

4. Open file with Text Recovery."

When I open the file in Text Recovery, it appears briefly on the page for a couple of seconds but then disappears.

If I open WORD 2013 application from desktop however and click on the same file in "Recent", it comes up and I can edit it. It is still in Compatibility Mode.

There is no problem over memory or disc space - is it file permissions? I do work in Word 2007 a lot (I prefer it to Word 2013) so there might be a problem there.

Would appreciate help both about opening Word attachments from Live Mail and also present problem of not being able to print out any emails.

Thanks

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for the update.

Is Outlook 2013 installed on the PC?

Setup the same account in Outlook 2013 and check if you’re able to open the attachment.

Disable Protected view and uncheck open email attachments in reading view from File> Options> General and verify the status.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated December 26, 2021 Views 1,535 Applies to: