Creating a picture with text over it.

I want to write a text over picture and use that as one picture. I was trying different things, but not able to achieve desired result. When I saving it as a picture, only picture showing up (without text). Is it possible to do such a task in Office 365 Word or not? If yes, how?

I want to save this picture and use it to attach as a picture (not in World document).

Thank you.

Although it's possible to do this in Word, it's unreasonably difficult, especially when you want to use the picture outside of Word. It would be easier and better to use a graphics program such as Microsoft Paint (which comes with Windows) or the free program IrfanView.

If you really insist on using Word, here are the steps:

• Click in an empty paragraph in a Word document.
  • Insert the picture.
  • If the picture's text wrapping is "in line with text", go to the Picture Tools tab (which appears when the picture is selected), click the Wrap Text button, and click Square.
  • Click in the same paragraph where the cursor was when you inserted the picture.
  • On the Insert tab, click the Text Box button, and click Draw Text Box at the bottom of the dropdown. Using the cross-shaped cursor, drag a box at the approximate location and size of the text you want to add.
  • On the Drawing Tools tab that appears, click Shape Fill and select No Fill to let the picture show through. Then click Shape Outline and click No Outline to remove the box's border. You should still be able to see the box as a dashed outline, which won't become part of the picture.
  • Click inside the box to get a text cursor, and type the text.
  • Select and right-click the text, and set the font, size, and color you want. You could also use the WordArt Styles section of the Drawing Tools tab to get special text effects.
  • While the text box is selected (that is, you can see the little square "handles" at its corners and sides), hold the Ctrl key and click the picture, so they're both selected.
  • On either the Drawing Tools tab or the Picture Tools tab, click the Group button near the right end and click Group in the dropdown. That makes the text box and the picture behave as one object.
  • There are a couple of ways to save the result as a picture file. One way is to save the document as a "Web Page (*.htm)" or as a "Web Page Filtered (*.htm)". In the folder where you save the document, there will be a subfolder with the name of the document followed by "_files", and that subfolder will contain the picture file. Another way is to select and copy the picture in the Word document, then paste it into Paint or another graphics program to save it in the desired file format -- but if you were going to do that, you might as well do all the work in the same graphics program.

9 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you so much!

I could not find other graphic programs on my laptop, but after your suggestion I looked more careful and found it.

Before asking this question I did exactly what you suggested in Word, but for some reason, even after I group objects, it only the picture that appears in my Pictures.

Also I do not understand, why after I reopened file or paste this to another program, the way text appeared is different?

Thank you again, I did completed my task using Word and Paint. And I'll look up other suggested program.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Another way to save the image is to copy it, use Home | Clipboard | Paste | Paste Special to paste it as a picture (GIF, JPEG, or PNG), then right-click and choose Save As Picture, choosing the appropriate picture format (GIF, JPEG, PNG).
Microsoft MVP (Word) since 1999
Fairhope, Alabama USA
http://ssbarnhill.com
http://wordfaqs.ssbarnhill.com
Screen shots captured with TechSmith's Snagit

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 19, 2024 Views 10,544 Applies to: